17 | Breakfast with Friends 2.0 - Part 1

It was working out ok

It was working out ok. The grill with all the breakfast food was sizzling away. Sabali, and her brother Maurice were making small talk with Carly next to the grill. His firefighting station would be over to eat all the food. It would make the hot firefighter storyline that the channel seems to love workout. Ever since last year, I expanded Maurice's offering for the channel. That change to the channel resulted in huge YouTube growth. We name him Black Kryptonite and the damn name was true. He kills those numbers. Eve, Jo-Lee, and Zoey were hitting it off in their first in-person meeting. The camera was set up and Eve even finished editing her cut for the channel. The live stream has had no failures so far. A beautiful golden sun with the correct angle for sunset. The golden hour when the firefighters came to eat the food. It was going to be the shot of all shots to finish the video off but that was hours away. The theme of sundress and summer dress shirts worked.

Everything was going ok, but it wasn't perfect. The day was going far from perfect with Noah sitting at the furthest picnic table. Instead of sitting at the circle one with everyone else. He drew for hours instead of talking to anyone. In the perfect world, I would have chosen not to be here today but the only day we could get was as soon as possible. Which meant it was Sara's day off on the weekend. It's the job, I'm doing what she would have done. The difference is Noah's still mad as fuck at me. Fucking wonderful.

My stomach felt queasy when I was faced with this situation. As if it was filled with miniature bubbles that popped every worrying time our eyes met. Ocean blue eyes connected with mine and I was present again with that broken expression. But also something else. For the life of me, I couldn't read it. I had no reference with him and as long as I've spent decoding Noah sometimes I just don't know.

Restlessly I shift the breakfast spread for another thumbnail shot. It so reminded me of the old days of pulling work on both ForNoah channel and my other clients. I move the breakfast spread for another couple of clicks of the camera.

No, apples and no carrots. Noah loves that it's the first thing he eats, that and apple juice. He loved it so much that my kids would copy him at breakfast. Little Man wasn't really into vegetables or fruits so it was shocking. I bite my lip wanting to fix it out of habit and the fact I like to see him happy.

"T, are you ok?" I jumped, shit, Carly startled me. I'd have sworn she was still talking to Maurice and his sister.

"No, I'm fine." Lie... I wasn't fine. I was too busy trading concerning expressions with Noah to pay attention to the world around me. He has this habit of making me drown in him in the best possible way. A place at the bottom of the ocean of him and me just sharing the same breath back and forth. What actually happens that we seem to be doing instead of drowning each other with my guilt and his anger. I move the plates around in a new order again for another shot. Avoiding the eyes I felt on me again.

"You should see the way he looks at you. Oh, where missing the biscuits," said Carly.

"Huh, what did you say?" I asked.

"Where missing biscuits?" She says.

"No, wait what was the first thing? And we were going with homemade tortillas with the breakfast I thought?"

"I wanted you to make them," Carly says with a smile. "I said you should see the way he looks at you."

"Who?"

"Noah."

"Oh." The oh was a little empty. I worried that she caught all that anger and my stomach couldn't take more today.

"He looks lost and when his eyes are on you he looks like, he found everything he could need." Ya, that wasn't what I was seeing. Maybe this is another one of Carly's hopefulness.

"My father would tell my mother when he looked at her like that. Te quiero con todo mi alma." I waited for Carly to translate it she didn't. "We have a video on how to make your mom's biscuits so we don't have to redo the video." I knew what Carly was doing one she was being hopeful for sure and two she really wanted those damn biscuits. Not something I could blame her for I loved them too, and they had this perfect look to them. The right amount of chew and the right amount of fluffy. I hug Carly and threw in a kiss on the cheek. She was right baking was perfect to get my mind off things.

A/n: If you haven't already please check out The Tour

A/n: If you haven't already please check out The Tour. I've entered it into watty's for this year. It just went complete. 

Also, a lil gift for my Spanish speakers :).