16 | Bigger Things

I didn't bring the box of costume jewels with me. The thought of multiple imitation jewels in my car and something happens freaks me out. Even though fake I know that kind of thing is costly. Not that I thought someone would steal it but I have weird luck sometimes. When your marriage ends on a butt dial, it changes your thought process on luck. That black BMW that was at Noah's house drives away from the back parking lot of the museum. It was so weird. I knew those places and my mind slip away from the jewelry I didn't bring with me to that dang car again. It was like my mind kept telling me no that really can't be the same car. But it was the same black BMW. I walked into the museum and a smiling Sharlotte met me at the door.

"I'm so happy to see you, Tari," she had a wide smile. "Good to see my second meeting is on time unlike my first," Shar's face slid into a frown. She gazed toward the BMW that was no longer there. "But you, I'm happy to see," I grin back at her and take her hand.

"You too Shar." Her icy good looks were always striking to me. She's elegant and reserved but friendly at the same time.

"I want you to look at this." She leads me to the back room near the green rooms past the press room. To a small office in the back. In the office were the plans for next year's One Night Only. It surprised me that she talked about doing the event again but I don't know. A part of me thought she was just taken away with the enjoyment of the night. It was a hit a tremendous hit. People were doing almost anything to get tickets. The closer we got to the event the bigger it got. Because of the press around Noah's disappearance combined with the event. In her own way, her event rivaled the New York Met Gala, which has been around for over 50 years. Her event was invented whole cloth because Noah produced a piece of art too big for a normal showing. It was a social coup of the year and it happen at the start of the year. Nothing was going to top it not even that years Met. Shar's smiles at me again. "I'd like for you to work with me more closely on the next event." My eyebrows shot up so high at her words.

It was a solid offer. I could take her in as a contract. She has a PA already but I could work with who she has and help her in other ways. I've been thinking carefully about hiring more people. Expanding my business had always been in the plans. But ever since I began training my replacement Sara to work for Noah it's been more on my mind. Plus, Space Girl's space camp the saving for that was crawling along nicely but I wanted the money faster. I always thought of myself as a small business. But just me and my effort can only take so many clients. Plus, Sim was going to space camp at all costs. But one thing was simply a fact I had to weigh my options. "I... I have to take some time to think about it."

Shar's face fell at my response but there was some understanding in her eyes. I'd been in a place like this when I ended up staying with Zoey, and Sabali as PA. "I don't want to take on more than I can chew," I blurted.

"That's a good idea for your business and life. I have a habit of taking on too much sometimes myself." She says. I've always been cautious about Sharr. Her stylish icy professionalism was something that I would like a bit of myself. She always seems centered, put together, and self-possessed. As if she was an arrow and she'd always find her mark in the rain, sleet, or snow. Looking at the woman when she said that made me want to know more about Shar. What was the thing that could put so many shadows in her reply? As a person who was haunted, I know ghosts when I see ghosts.

We kept talking while walking through the museum. Already new pieces Noah made while he traveled were up in the press preview section. It was so beautiful thick paint strokes of the endless ocean but so lonely.

"I would love for you to set up a collab with your friends." Shar's change of topic caught me off guard.

"With who?"

"Zoey and Sabali, are coming back from Miami. I would like them to get some local exposure." She went over her plan and the breakfast. About controlling their image. I agreed but a lot of reservations Jo-Lee and Carly are always up for this kind of stuff. But I couldn't help thinking that Noah would be there as well. We aren't exactly on good terms but sometimes when you make your bed you have to lie in it.

A/n: I'm working very hard to push on The Tour for wattpad watty awards. It's a lot of grinding though.