24 | Neptune

a/n - thought yall should see what's looking back at her when she's throwing it back. Just helping out. Being a team player.

My braids whip in the wind as the boat's white sails billow pulling us away from California's shoreline

My braids whip in the wind as the boat's white sails billow pulling us away from California's shoreline. The further we go out the more the smell of salt and pine trees faint on the breeze. There's so much blue everywhere. Blue in every shade that ever could be. A clear and innumerable ocean reflects the blue sky. For once my world has stopped and being below the water like I am doesn't matter here. The cry of a seagull racing the sailing boat gliding the water alongside teasing me with what could. As the seagulls' feet skimmed blue watery ripples expanded out. The bird's wings spread wide, and it looked so free. Is that what freedom is? My second glance away from the beautiful bird all my doubts sunk back into my thoughts. The black BMW, scum bitch, the condoms, and my business barely hanging on. When I thought that was all my problems in a nutshell I got the things I care for so deeply. The things that made it worthwhile and made it hard. My two babies, hugging me and eating the dreaded tree broccoli. Crisp salty air filled my lungs, and I breathed it out. My head pulled above water and I reached my hand out for that pretty bird and the feel of those soft feathers.

The movement of the boat woke me up, and a part of me is so damn glad. Yet again I stayed up all night for this vacation and now I'm napping my way through it. But I couldn't miss this. The start of the adventure. A moment where I get to step into the world of the ocean again like so many other last times.

Faster we moved away from a shoreline I couldn't see anymore. And with that speed more distant the smell of salt mixing with pine trees. Until that scent was back. Arms wrap around the middle and sweetness returns. The weight of my doubts became shared. Warmth spread through my body and that overpowered heat Noah puts out. His huge broad chess, a big furnace of heat at my back again my thin shift. He pulls me tighter to him, his boxers rubbing against my shift. His nose rubbed against the side of my neck. I give him better access to my neck and lean over. My greedy body nestling back into Noah.

The blue only gets bluer as we race the bird. My already loose pliant limbs finds a way to relax even more than before. Until I feel him slipping his jacket on to my body. My eyes opened again to catch him wrapping his jacket fully around me.

When did you start holding me up?

"As soon as I stood behind you," Noah says. Oh, I said it out loud. I smiled at his words because it was so Noah it almost made me giggle. Logical concise but filled with so much care it almost brought tears to my eyes. And no more tears there's been enough snot and ugly tears. I had to get my shit together before I flopped my ass off the front of the bow into the water. But as soon as he got behind me I felt so relaxed. A big ball of warmth, comfort, and pine mix with salt.

"Your hair looks good at this length. I think I should pat myself on the back." It did look good, still a mane like a lion. And Noah could give expensive hair shampoo commercials a run for their money but not as long as it was before. Where it was nearly to his lower back.