19 | Riding the Storm

We are on the floor together

 We are on the floor together. Surrounded by his work. The drying paintings. The next boat he is building, the wood pieces cut out and ready to go. Noah, above me, looking like he stepped out of the ocean, hot as fuck. A surprised look on his face when he peers down at me. Completely puzzled, but smiling.

He rolls off me and grabs his sweatpants, then slides his pants under my head. I'm sad about the missing weight.

That was fast.

Noah's big hand rests on my stomach and the touch feels almost possessive. As if any second I am going to run away for the door. Apart of me wants to run for it. That tiny little bit that says oh my god, you just fucked him on the floor of the workshop. My legs slip open in exhaustion. My core clenches at Noah's absence. Warm wetness slid out of my core in large cloudy drops. Noah watches each lusty drop hit the ground.

"Wow, hot," he groans as his hand moves down. I grab his wrist and hold it in place.

Shit! It clicks. We didn't use a condom. Shit. Shit. Shit. My shot is still good for another two months. I turned to him.

"Eh, Noah? I'm clean, I was tested at the start of the year."

He nods his head. Sandy blonde hair shades his blue eyes. I wait for him to tell me the same. The quietness expands in the room like an over-inflated balloon. He had to have been tested recently? Right? I start to freak out when he doesn't reply.

"Noah?" My anxiety builds deep in my stomach. Noah's big hand draws away from mine, and that overwhelming feeling of something bad is about to happen. That feeling when I heard the answer machine and seconds before it happened. I had this: something bad is about to happen, feeling deep in my stomach. I reach out for his hand, and he pulls away.

I gasped air in through my mouth then push it out through my nose. The attempt at not hyperventilating barely prevented it. But it's coming. I feel my heart flutter with little tingles of what is to come. My mind crashes. Oh, god, what if he tells me that he's got something? I just fucked up, we just fucked up. 

"Noah..." His fist clenches and bunches. His massive body moves away from me.

"Noah?"

"I'm a virgin."

The words were empty of feeling. Abandon in the air between us with the ocean of feelings left, unable to cross the vast water dividing us.