dark black magic: chapter 33: broken morning

Matthias POV

My head was thumping but I lay in soft bed that smelt of delicate flowers and earth. My eyes opened and a fuzzy outline of someone lay in front of me.

"Dalton?" I asked wearily.

"I wish." A disgruntled voice replied. Rayne was lying next to me topless. My mouth fell open in horror.

"What the hell!" I yelled jumping out of bed so fast I got tangled in the sheets and fell face flat on the floor. A pair of woman's shoes and dress lay over a chair opposite the bed. Rayne got out of bed and picked up the dress, "I picked this this out for you to wear." He said sarcastically.

"Where am I?" I demanded.

"This is my apartment. It has one bedroom so Skyler slept on the couch last night giving the guest of honour a nice comfy bed." Rayne said almost bitterly.

"She did that after what I said last night?" I said in disbelief.

"My feelings exactly."

"Where is she now?"

"On the couch probably grieving the loss of her- I mean your Grandmother."

I never met my grandmother, I didn't even know I had one. Skyler must have been raised by her.

"What happened to her?" I asked.

Rayne took a deep breathe and said grimly, "She was murdered. Skyler is distraught she thinks it's all her fault."

I didn't reply, I couldn't even imagine the pain she was going through. Rayne looked pained and worried for Skyler turning to me he said, "She needs you Matthias, you are her only family now."

I wanted to believe him but Rayne was a demon. He had seduced my sister and led her astray.

"I will protect her from now on." I replied.

"We will protect her." Rayne interjected.

"Skyler does need your kind."

"My kind? I'm sorry did you forget you almost turned her in to a vampire yesterday?"

"That was an accident."

"That was the result of your own stupidity. You are too proud to acknowledge what you really are so you starve yourself of blood then end up loosing control. I'm not the dangerous one. I know who I am."

The words cut me. I didn't know what to say. It was true I hated being a vampire and the act of drinking blood was so degrading I starved myself regularly.

Rayne walked to the other side of the room, "I will get you some blood and you must drink it, if not for your sake then for Skyler's. The sun is not up yet so I would go back to sleep." He said.

Grudgingly I nodded and returned to my bed.

Stephanie POV

Kai dropped me off at my house and I climbed the guttering and sneaked back into my bedroom. The next morning I was awoken by pebbles being thrown against my window. Sleepily I stumbled over to the window and looked out. Aidan was stood by a motorcycle with a bunch of wild flowers. How corny. Opening the window I leaned out, "Hey Aidan." I said.

"Hi. I was wondering if you wanted to spend the day with me?" Aidan asked grinning like a puppy dog. A voice whispered behind me, "You're not feeling well today."

I turned and saw Loki standing behind me smiling suavely in jeans and a tight white t-shirt. He looked like a movie star and I couldn't help but smile back. He was so beautiful. Tearing my gaze away I looked down at Aidan who was anxiously waiting for my answer.