24: In Another Life

Comenzar desde el principio

        As he arrives, he found himself stopping in his tracks because even from a distance, he was well aware of the grim fate you and Mary Jane will suffer. Whilst Mary Jane was tied to the stake, your so called crimes were announced to the public. "Evelina Averill you are hereby destined to die by means of hanging for the crimes of treason you have committed by protecting such a tainted soul," one of the court personnel sneered as you struggled against you restraints. "No! Please! We mean no harm!" You pleaded, crying as they ignited the firewood that fed the fire towards Mary. "NO!!!" you bellowed as her screams reached your ears.  Barely even noticing, the noose was tied around your neck. You struggled against the thick rope reaching for your sister, not even scared for yourself when it lifted you higher by the minute.

        Matt watched from afar, frozen from a feeling he never quite knew but for the next years to come, it became something he deeply regretted. 

[Paranorman kinda inspired me with this one, tehee]

~

        "Matt?"

        He awoke from the dreaded memory that left him painfully numb inside yet he cracked a faint smile for you. "Yes, maple?" He responded back as he watched you look up from your phone. "Can I go to (country of your choice)? (friend of choice) needs me, he/she got into an accident and I want to be there for him/her," you asked. Knowing that friend of yours is like a sibling to you, Matt smiled at you lovingly. Some things never change, so it seems.

        "Ok," he simply shrugs, making you lit up nonetheless. "Really? You won't get mad?" hopefully praying it wasn't a joke, you stared up at him. "I see that he/she means a lot to you..." He ever so slightly tucks a strand of hair behind your ear.

         "...and I appreciate that kind of blessing."

Oliver Kirkland

London, England

1533

        Oliver Kirkland often loathed his appearance; the freckles on his cheeks and body—he hated each and every one of them. His unusual bright blue eyes felt threatening to some, especially if it were to swirl with a bright pink colour. Compared to his somewhat twin Arthur, he was a weakling to the eyes of the Royal Court. The peculiarity he possesses almost always serves as a liability to his everyday living. King Henry VIII barely acknowledges his presence during court assemblies and private gatherings. He was only ever assigned to assist the Queen on issues if ever needed—along with the rare meetings with country nobles and officials.

        Your soft hand rubbed his back soothingly in comfort whilst he leaned against your embrace. "Sir Kirkland, their words are nothing but lies, heed my words. You are worth of something so much more—whether you are aware of it or not. What they behold amongst your presence matters not, for you possess great potential on your own. I certainly doubt any other would be as golden hearted as you, sir. People of such greatness must be strong and buoyant, are they not?" Joy swelled within every nook and cranny of his heart at the sound of your melodious voice speaking wise words of endearment. Oliver looked at you in awe through his glossed eyes of sky blue. Not thinking straight yet certain, he pulls your body closer to his, muttering a speech of loving gratitude.

         But my God has the things turned differently.

        "I beseech you, your majesty; convince the king to contribute more time. I must prove her innocence, I beg of you," Oliver struggles to catch up with the queen's pace. Anne blinks away any of the tears that dared to escape at the mention of the lady in waiting's fate. "I have given it my all, Sir Kirkland, but with my marriage hanging by a thread, I cannot save Lady Lowell. She has confessed to the court and even if it was falsely done and she is purely innocent, it'll be far too late to change the king's decision. I, too, am distressed of her destined death; she is my most reliable servant—even a good friend to me and an excellent carer for Elizabeth," His shoulders slumped at the words of the queen. Oliver wasn't certain if the sound he that shot shivers up his spine would be the nearby porcelain plates clinking in the kitchen or his heart shattering into pieces at the realization that the situation is hopeless.