Seventy

Audrey giggles as she pushes away from Nathan, attempting to prevent him from tickling her anymore than he has with that mouth of his. He leaves feathered kisses down her neck and over her chest, giving her raspberries now and then in very un-Nathan like moments. She uses her strength to keep him bay but when she's flat on her back in bed, there isn't many places to hide, especially when his big mass is hovering over her.

"Nathan!" She giggles, shrugging to the side as his breath on her neck makes her shiver. "Stop!"

Chuckling deeply, Nathan finally draws back, giving her a lazy smile that she hasn't seen in a while. Leaning on his arms that are placed on either side of her head, he comes closer and kisses her softly, leaving her yearning for more. She pouts when he pulls away and it only amuses him.

"Mmm." He says as he takes a deep inhale of her. "You're smelling more and more like me every day."

Automatically, Audrey's hands fall down to her lower stomach where she rubs the area gently and lovingly while smiling up at her mate proudly. The fact that there is a life inside of her at this very moment is exciting and astounding all at once. Part of her wants to scream, she's so excited and another part wants to cry, she's so happy. And then there's this tiny little part that's worried and fearful but she's trying her best not to entertain it. Instead, Nathan leaves little comments like this, always reminding her that it's his child that is growing inside of her. It's her mate's, her alpha's and her Kappa's and it's Nathan's child that is growing inside of her. She's never felt more proud than she has now.

"Ew. You stink." She teases but Nathan knows her enough to read the hidden truth. He only smirks down at her and gives her another sweet but longing kiss.

"I don't want to leave you today." He whispers, nuzzling into her neck while refusing to get out of bed. Audrey wraps her arms around his shoulders the best she can and starts to play with his hair. Judging by the low grumbles, he enjoys her dancing fingers. His head is heavy against her breasts but he's warm and cozy and she enjoys having him close.

"You've got some punishments to hand out if I remember correctly." She whispers back, letting the amusing atmosphere go. "What are you going to do about Laurens?"

Nathan lets out a deep sigh, his breath raising goose bumps over her skin. "His beta keeps trying to free him from prison but I think a few more days are in order for him to learn his lesson."

"Really?" Audrey looks down at him in surprise. "That's it? Just a few days in prison? No extra punishment?"

Nathan chuckles. "Are you feeling aggressive now?"

"No, I just mean that I'd expect you to go a little far. That's all." Audrey smiles. "I'm surprised that you'll just leave it be at a few days in prison. Then again....a few hours is more than enough with your prison system."

Nathan soothes her with a kiss. "What sex do you want?"

Audrey blinks. "Excuse me?"

He laughs deeply at her, the sound seeming like it's vibrating everything around her. "I meant the baby. What are you hoping for?"

Reading him easily, Audrey knows he's attempting to distract her but it's working and she doesn't mind talking about the baby. "Hmmm. I'd love to have either a son or a daughter."

Nathan stares blankly at her, making her laugh but then he sighs and lets it go. Sitting up and rolling away from her, he finally crawls out of bed. "Then we'll have to prepare with unisex materials. The reconstruction of the house is going good. Our room upstairs should be done soon enough. We can start planning the baby's room in one of the extra apartments close to ours."