Ten

Nathan stands to the side with his arms folded across his chest as he watches his pack crowd in around him. Audrey is standing next to him, looking like a determined child ready to go against her parents while her scent fills his lungs in a much needed healthy dose. His nerves are on edge with this whole thing but he can't help but smirk at her feeble attempt. It's pointless really, he knows it. Even if Millis is just an average wolf in his pack, there's no way Audrey can keep up with her. She's nowhere near their level of omega status. She doesn't even carry the strength of an average regular wolf. He's already victorious and she knows it. She just doesn't want to admit it which, he has to admit, he finds a little attractive.

Still, it isn't enough to calm him. He's very, very possessively angry. Everywhere he looks, it seems some unmated, horny bastard is taking a chance to ogle Audrey. He watches them as their eyes widen, their bodies tense up and their lips turn into a smirk or a grin and he lets out a low, possessive but warning growl. Audrey, next to him, smiles innocently at him. He can't wait to let the match start and watch that stupid grin turn into a despairing look of helplessness.

He knows she's doing all of this on purpose. But if she doesn't think things through, he's going to break.

"Where's Millis?" Leon calls out impatiently, almost as annoyed as Nathan.

"Where do you think I am?" Millis answers, stepping onto the marked field. Her eyes glances over Audrey and she lets out a smirk. "Are you sure you want to do this Luna? I don't want to be punished for harming such a vulnerable thing."

Nathan raises his eyebrow, glancing down at Audrey to hear her reply. He isn't going to stand up for her when she's accepted this challenge. It's entirely her own battle.

"Don't worry about little me. You won't be able to break me anytime soon." She replies without a moment's hesitation. For a second, Nathan feels proud of her, along with his wolf. He remembers how timid and shaky she used to be. Watching her now makes his wolf grumble his approval and makes him want to celebrate. Then he starts to wonder if she really can handle herself. He has no idea what she's capable of except that she's capable of change.

"Audrey, the fight starts when you two meet at the inner circle." Leon explains. "Millis won't shift into a wolf to make it fair for you but the rules are just the same. The first person to step outside of the wider circle first loses and has to submit to the winner. Asides from killing, anything is a go." 

"Sounds a lot like what I'm used to." Audrey replies, stretching her arms out in front of her. Nathan remembers what Luke told him. He wonders if he knew what she used to do. Then he wonders what it is that she used to do. That Blaze and Jasper...what kinds of things did they make her do?

Audrey glances at him and smirks, snapping him out of his thoughts. She reaches forward and touches his arm gently, sending his body into a sea of conflicting nerves. "Don't worry so much, babe. I'll be here to hold your hand when the scary stuff is done." He scoffs at her.

"Do not go easy." He orders Millis, letting his force drop over her. She smirks and nods while Audrey just giggles, completely unafraid. With one more unsure look at Audrey, he leaves with Leon to the outskirts of the outer circle and watches at the two meet on opposite sides of the inner one. For a moment, they stare at each other with challenging expressions and he wonders if Audrey will really go through with this. What would he do?

One side of him wants to see her get her ass handed to her badly. He can't let some stupid omega walk over him and his pack so easily. There's no way she can get away with it. He won't let it happen. Leon won't. And Millis definitely won't let that happen. She's as strong as their regular warriors get. She's proud and sneaky and everything Audrey isn't.

Because he knows that, he feels his teeth set on edge at the idea of Millis winning. His inner wolf whines softly inside him and he feels, for the first time in a long time, a poisoning sensation wrap around his being. His heart races in his chest and he gulps down his worry and takes a deep breath. He knows that if Millis really kicks Audrey's ass, he will not be able to control his wolf.

"Are you sure you want to go through with this?" Leon teases next to him but he ignores him. Millis has started the fight.