Three

Audrey can't believe it.

Here she is, sitting in front seat of a rental car she borrowed from the airport and Nathan Moore, someone she considered her biggest enemy of all, is sitting next to her, driving down the highway like it's the zombie apocalypse. It didn't help that it's away from her safety net. Melissa and Gavin and Ralph are all behind them at the Sullivan pack house and Alpha Moore is driving at ninety-five miles per hour. He refuses to listen to anything she had to say about that or about the fact that she didn't want to go with him.

From the corner of her eyes, she can see his knuckles turning white as he grips the steering wheel. There's a nagging faint sensation connecting the two of them together at the back of her mind where she knew her deepest secret was kept and to protect it, she squeezes up against the door. In the closed up compartment of the car though, she's already feeling her skin tingling from just being near him.

What was her nonexistent wolf thinking choosing Nathan Moore as her mate? Not only is he the alpha of the Moore pack - a pack that used to be her enemy - but he's the one person she fears and hates with all of her being - after herself, of course. He's the reason she has scars across her stomach. H's the reason a lot of people she cared about were hurt. He's the person she would never trust even if she were able to live for a millennia. What drove him mad enough to drag her into a car and drive off anyway? It's not like he didn't feel the same way about her. She's an omega and she knew that in the Moore pack, omegas were like trash. They're disrespected despite that they are just as strong as any average wolf from any other pack and are considered servants to the main household. She's sure that he, knowing she's an omega, wouldn't accept her. So why did he drag her away from the party?

And she was just starting to have fun, reconnecting with Carlos Gaunt, one of her old friends and the only other omega the Sullivan pack had so far. Even Ralph was on a regular ranking compared to her. Then again, his wolf didn't bother to hide himself, just hold himself back which seems more than tiresome to Audrey.

"Can you slow down please?" She asks for the hundredth time. Her arms wrap around herself in an attempt to calm her nerves as well as contain the faint nagging urges.

"No," He replies, his voice deep and harsh. She's just glad that he's finally speaking to her.

"What are you doing?"

"Driving." He sped around a slow SUV and convertible mustang by driving onto the shoulder of the road, jerking the car violently. 

"Obviously!" She barely manages to whisper as she grips the handle above the door to stay in her seat. When her nerves calm down enough, she straightens herself out and resumes her closed off position. "I meant what are you doing dragging me along? Didn't I reject?"

He snarled at her.

"That was not rejection." He argues, his tone loud and stern and final, as if she had the nerves to argue back. She can feel his alpha force falling over her heavily and she slouches in her seat, submitting to him. "If anyone is going to reject someone, it'll be me rejecting you."

She waits until he releases her from his power, staying as quiet as possible. Her eyes peak at him every few seconds. She didn't dare stare at him for long. He might catch her and do something about it. Plus, it's unnerving.

Nathan Moore isn't just a powerful alpha that used to prey on wolves like her for mere fun during the war. He's a sexy beast that can only be described as an angelic monster. Passed his dark brown hair, chiseled jaw line and massively muscular physique, there's a sardistic evil being hidden inside. One wrong move and it could lead her to death. As his mate, it could lead her to a lifetime of misery and pain. Still, she can't resist and looks anyway. That string that somehow connects the two twists its way around her heart, pumping blood through her body as if it survived on his being there alone.