Fifty

Alpha Don Greyson walks through the front doors to his pack house with an irritated sigh. Behind him, his beta, Willie, reports to him the border patrols and how distributed his pack warriors are in preparation for the rogues. The only neutral land near his border is on the east side of his territory where, a couple miles out, are human populated cities and human camping sites. Oblivious little fucks, he always found them annoying - until his mate showed up and explained that her best friend is human. Now, he tries not to kill them on purpose when they enter his land.

"What did the Kappa say?" Willie asks.

"He wants us to trap the rogues. Because we've got Lopez as our neighbor, he gave us a few of his good warriors. One of them belongs to the Iota's guard." Don explains, glancing around the house for good measure of any loop holes. "His name is Lance or something. Make sure he isn't disrespected."

"Sure. Are we going to be killing off these rogues?"

"Only those who try to escape. For those that sit still, we can do what we want but only when the timing is right. I don't want unnecessary movement from anyone until I say so."

Kappa Nathan specifically told all of the allied alphas about the signals. No one is supposed to move against any of the rogues they trap until the order to do so has been given and that's when the Kappa has got his teeth sunk into R's neck, whoever the damn bastard is. Don didn't blame him. If anything happened to his own Luna, he'd want to be the one who takes out her murderer. It's a matter of revenge and until that thirst is quenched, the Kappa is riding on a verge of insanity without his mate. It puts the throne at risk and that normally would be enough to convince Don to start looking after his own pack again. But he's still siding with the monarchy. There's the Kappa brother to inherit the throne and so Wolf Country is still safe with that insurance. That means he can finally impregnate his Luna without worries and make her dream come true.

"Understood. The Luna is inside with her protectors." Willie reports and Don looks up at his pack house. It isn't as big as the royal pack house which, he noticed, is still growing but it's big enough to take care of his pack's needs. With dark walls and dark floors, his Luna liked to call it the hunted house. There were hardly any windows because he saw them as burdens, extra entrances his warriors had to guard during war so most of the lighting came from candles or electricity. The furniture while comfortable is old fashioned though his Luna is working on modernizing everything. Most of his guests were intimidated with it or overwhelmed but to him, it's home and he wouldn't change a thing about it. But it drives his Luna crazy and he gave in to her slow changes for her happiness.

"Let's make this interesting then." Don grins, although to most of his pack members, it's a twisted smirk, one that his mate would rather he didn't show in front of the pack children and elderly. She's too overprotective.

Turning his attention back to his borders, he folds his arms over his chest, ignoring the nervous glance his beta gave him. Through the pack link, he can hear his warriors checking in, each making it to their posts in record time. "Let's make it a contest."

Willie shakes his head. "Alpha, you're going to get us killed."

"It'll be fun." Don argues lightly. "Whoever takes out the most wins. The winner will get..."

"A kiss from the Luna?" Willie grins evilly as Don snarls, his alpha force naturally pouring out. To say he's possessive of his mate is an understatement.

"No one is touching her."

"No one is touching who?"

Don shivers as her scent fills his lung. Honey and crisp morning dew, the combination is delightful and yet sinful. He can hear her heart beating as she comes closer from behind and her hand leaves a burning trail on his back when she reaches him.