Sixty

Leon, Audrey isn't alright.

Leon frowns as he stares ahead of him at the Iota where she makes her way slowly back to the pack house. She sways a little and stumbles every now and then and either Lance or Eric catches her before she straightens up and looks almost normal. But Leon can see she's pale and shaking and there are internal demons resurfacing after the long hours she spent in building four. Her eyes would glance over at Millis every now and then and the guilt that shows most likely didn't help at all. She's not collected at all and Leon's sure that she's snapped.

I know. Nathan's on his way though.

Leon glances down at Karmen next to him who surprisingly is clinging onto his arm. He doesn't know if it's because of relief for everything being over or fear because of how Audrey is acting. Either way, he and his wolf enjoys her presence next to him and he's relieved to know she's unharmed. There's not a single hair of her black mane out of place, apart from the usual messy, choppy style she has. Her bony frame is smaller than most but that comes with being an omega. It makes him more worried about her and that makes him feel more protective than ever over her.

How is she?

Leon glances back at Audrey as Nathan's words come through the link and his frown deepens. Audrey has her arms wrapped around herself and she isn't replying to any of Lance's or Eric's questions or statements.

Not good, Nate. She needs you.

Leon hears a faint growl in reply and turns his attention back to Karmen. As much as he wants to help the Iota, there isn't much he or anyone else can do. Nathan will be here shortly and he'll be able to put back together their Luna but until then, Leon wants to make sure Karmen and the pack are okay enough to let their Alpha do his job as a mate.

Are you alright?

Karmen blinks up at him with dark, chocolate eyes and a frown but nods her head. Leon doesn't buy it and raises a brow, testing to see if she'll open up herself. He's always had to prod and poke her until she does. She doesn't like putting down her walls - she's not used to it but he's used to pushing her.

Really?

Karmen purses her lips and his gaze flickers towards them briefly until she detaches herself from him, wrapping her arms around herself. She's essentially cutting him off and he doesn't like it. Letting out a low growl, Leon quickly wraps his arm around her waist to keep her close and enjoys the feel of her body pressed next to his.

I'm fine, Leon. I'm more worried about Audrey and my siblings. Cadance came back with Luke, right?

Nodding, Leon pulls her to a stop as the pack house comes into view. Moore wolves are slowly making their way inside, catching up with each other and seeing to damages and wounds. Those who were unable to defend themselves wait with opened arms for everyone to return, welcoming them back as cheerfully as possible. Only a few were solemn from the amount of wounds suffered but most returned with scratches and scrapes and healing bite marks. Despite the celebration and the fact that their wolves were able to break free brings, everyone is aware of Audrey's odd state of mind. Her demeanor is completely off. One minute, despite the shaking and pale skin, she looks like she's in control, greeting others with a smile and welcoming them back. The next minute, she's glancing around nervously, looking feeble and fearful - something that reminds Leon of how she used to be when she was a prisoner. The entire pack can feel her emotions through the link and while they can't read her thoughts, Leon's sure that the wall protecting that part of her privacy will break soon at this point.

Make sure borders are set up properly, Leon. Put rested wolves on it and focus on the north. I don't want anyone to think this is over. How did Audrey do?