Thirty-Two

"Fifty bucks on Ralph." Simon mutters to Luke who stands next to him with a glare. He doesn't like standing next to the alpha but the alpha has to put up with him anyway. At least, until Audrey decides otherwise but Simon isn't going to bet on that happening anytime soon. Luke raises a brow and shrugs.

"No deal. Roman's got no chance."

Simon's amused. "Fine. Fifty on Holt."

"Deal." Luke doesn't hesitate and Simon smirks, shaking his hand. His moment of excitement is short lived though. "So what's up Cici?"

He glares. "Don't call me that."

"Why not? Audrey seems to like that as your nickname."

"Drop it Crowe." He warns with a low growl. Luke chuckles but doesn't say anything. Simon's got to admit it. As much as he hates the guy, Luke knows a losing battle. Despite how much smack he talks, he'd never make a move against Simon so recklessly and Simon doesn't blame him. His reputation proceeds him.

"Are you sure about our allies?" Luke mutters, evidently hoping to keep this conversation private. Simon watches as his gaze flickers to those around them, looking for anyone that might be listening. Simon chuckles.

"Yeah, I'm sure." He replies just as quietly. "There's only one rumor I'm concerned about."

Luke blinks at him with a frown. "You too?"

"Holt obviously doesn't know. If he did, he wouldn't be here. And I'm sure the bonus will only add fuel to that fire." Simon adds. "If Audrey finds out, she's going to want to do something too."

"So we agree then?"

"No," Simon quickly corrects. "There's Nathan Moore now. A monarch should know the risk."

Luke stares at him. "Are you sure? You normally don't take so easily to warrior alphas like him. Not with secrets."

"Moore has history." Simon explains. "He's trust worthy."

"Okay." Luke sighs. "I'll inform him when I get the chance."

Simon opens his mouth to reply but a scent hits him hard. He lets out a long snarl, his wolf naturally breaking through and he knows instantly what is going on. His eyes, strengthened by his wolf, scan the area, looking for that one thing that will stand out. Luke notices his change of behavior, he's sure, but he doesn't stay around to explain. He moves through the crowd that's surrounding the older monarch fighting the noble and blends in with the shadows. He follows his nose, letting his wolf lead him to his goal. The scent overpowers the food and the stench of sex crazed, battled wearied wolves. It even overpowers the strong sting of alcohol and it makes it hard to breath. A weight sits on his chest like no other and he knows he can't exist without this scent.

She's there, standing close next to another male wolf. He snarls out as he watches her lean up against him, his arm draped over her shoulder. He wants nothing more than to rush out and rip them apart, stake his claim and make it permanent. But he needed to know more. He can't just accept anyone as his mate. She has to be trust worthy.

He watches her from afar, holding back all of his urges. Her red hair blows with a soft breeze, making her delicate features more prominent by allowing her face to show. Her delicate skin calls out to him and her smile is infectious - more so than Audrey's and he didn't think that was possible. Her brown eyes roam over him, completely unaware of his presence. He smirks. Sneaking up on her in the future will be too much fun.

She's curvy and generous, a lot thicker than most girls but she wasn't fat. She is completely built out of muscle and soft curves that call out to him. The perfect body with the right amount of front and behind. A few freckles grace her nose and they make her look less dangerous. He almost wants to underestimate her but he knows better than that. Fenrir made her his mate and his mate shouldn't be someone to be misunderstood easily.