Twelve

Audrey pants as she looks down at Millis's completely shocked expression. She can feel her heart pounding in her chest, her stomach aching in pain and her shoulder tensing up with a new bruise but she's never felt so much pride in herself in her life. She feels strong. She feels powerful. She feels useful and at the back of her mind, there's a locked away pressure that tells her she's not the only one. She smiles down at Millis and holds her hand out. Millis denies it, sitting up herself and falling onto her knees.

"I submit." She says and Audrey accepts.

"I'm still an omega." She replies. "You can say this was a lucky match for me if you want." But Millis doesn't agree.

"I lost fair and square."

Audrey pulls her up and turns to look around the pack who stares at her with similar surprised expressions. Open mouths and frozen looks of awe surround her and she feels embarrassed but proud too. Her eyes catch Luke's smirking expression and winks back before she manages to spot Nathan. She can't help the smirk that crosses over her face as she points at him and motions for him to come to her. He glares at her, walking slowly into the circle.

"A bet is a bet." She says as Frankie takes Millis away. Nathan ignores them and growls at her. "I think you owe me something."

He leans forward, bending slightly so that his lips reaches her ear as he whispers in a deep voice. "Burn this into your mind because it will not be happening again." She shivers from the close contact as he pulls back and kneels in front of her, glaring at her with intense eyes and gritted teeth. "You are a badass, Audrey."

She laughs, smiling widely before jumping up into a little victory dance. When she calms down, she sees Nathan has already stood up and is staring at her with a mix of irritation and amusement. She straightens herself up and replies with a steady voice. "I know. I warned you."

"And I got a new Camaro!" Luke cheers as he reaches them. He pulls Audrey close and kisses her forehead, lifting her up off her feet. "You, my darling, are a pure angel!"

Audrey winces at his grip around her waist and Nathan growls. Instinctively, he pulls them apart and looks over her. Her hand slightly passes her stomach, alerting him to the problem.

"What's wrong?" Benjamin asks, jogging up behind Luke after seeing Nathan's panicked expression. Audrey pulls away from Nathan's intense grip and shakes her head, refusing to ruin the moment. It's only a little pain. It'll go away eventually.

"I'm fine." She smiles and straightens up as if nothing is bothering her. But she knows Nathan isn't convinced. "Just a few bruises. It's something to expect when fighting."

"Especially when it comes to you, darling." Luke smirks. "You still bruise too easily."

"Blaze tried to kill that but obviously he wasn't very good at it." She shrugs it off. Nathan's wolf whimpers and he can feel a soreness crawl over his stomach. Pushing off the thoughts that he ponders in seconds over what that means, he grabs her arm and pulls her away from everyone and back to the pack house. She retaliates against him, pulling her arm and stomping her feet but he drags her behind him anyhow. He passes one of the Locke siblings at the bar and stops, holding his hand out.

"Ice." He demands, his alpha force flowing out of him naturally. His inner wolf is slowly breaking to the surface and he knows that his eyes are more than likely black as night. The omega-warrior wolf didn't hesitate to run back into the kitchen and shuffle around for ice. She comes back in seconds with a plastic bag full of it, wrapped in a towel and hands it to him. He ignores the worried look she throws at Audrey and resumes pulling his omega mate back to his bedroom for privacy.