Forty-Two

Nathan stalks onto the prison grounds still in his wolf form. The beast is constantly growling, wanting to rip apart everyone that looks at him. His instinct is to run flying, tracing Audrey's scent until he hunts down those who has her, kills them and then gets her back into his arms. His mind is filled with blue eyes, her sweet voice and it feels like it's been too long since he's kissed her. The need to taste her, to feel her and to be surrounded with her scent is overwhelming and he wonders how Leon has managed to last all these years.

The wolf in his jaws twitch and Nathan tightens his grip as he drags the pup across the ground. Ahead of him, the prison guards straighten and whimper lowly. They all feel his rage and his Kappa force is making it difficult for them to stay standing. They've seen him angry before and it's never frightened them. But now is different. Now, his rage is black and the sight of their Alpha covered in blood, dragging a half dead body while his black eyes stare emptily pass them, terrifies them. And for the first time, they realize what it means to be on the brink of insanity.

Leon's wolf appears. He takes in the guards and growls at them, reminding them why this is happening. Instantly, their anger comes back and Nathan knows that his entire pack will do anything to get their Luna and Iota home safely. Leon shifts back into his human form and one of the guards throws him some clothes.

"The Iota's trail?" Leon asks calmly as Nathan drops the pup and shifts into his form. He takes a pair of shorts from Leon and looks down at the pup.

"The blood trail ended and her scent is mixed with someone else." He growls out and Leon watches as his eyes shift between his normal brown and his wolf's black. "This bastard comes out and tries to attack me. Carter went ahead while I questioned him."

Nathan stares at the pup who slowly shifts back into his human form. He's shaking uncontrollably, bruised black and blue and while his wounds have closed up, there's still blood all over him. Nathan didn't hold back.

"Get him inside." Nathan orders, heading into one of the prison buildings where he knows the other intruder is.

The prison buildings were built the same but the interiors hold different things. The main room has only four cells, two on each side while the middle is an opened area with records and a desk. It's the holding facility where new prisoners are being processed in. Nathan normally wouldn't care about who comes and how long they're there for but it makes things easier when trying to track down facts. Prisoners would be processed here before being moved to one of the other buildings where they either would be chained and tortured for interrogations, used as puppets to manipulate other prisoners into talking or they would be placed where light does not shine and the notion of time is hard to figure out. Either way, the Moore prisons were designed for every occasion.

Audrey had been here once. That thought alone makes him think back to those days where his only problem were Sullivan wolves blocking his path to more territory. At least he knew now that she wouldn't die that day but he can't see the future and has no idea if she will last past this. He was angry back then but it was the kind of angry that he could vent out. This anger is relentless. It's numbing. There's only one cure to it and until he gets it, this anger will consume him.

The intruder had been in the fourth prison building. There, light had been cut out and the prison cells were designed to be so small that prisoners could only sit or stand. No one went in to give them food or water until the sun was down and every now and then, a sound of metal scratching against metal would echo just to mess with their mentality. Tonight, the intruder has been moved from there to the third building which was placed close enough that prisoners in the fourth building could hear the echoes of their screams.