Eight

"I'm going to ask one more time, Sullivan. I expect an answer. Where the hell are they?"

Nathan grits his teeth for the hundredth time, trying to keep back the beast inside. His fingers are wrapped around his phone but his whole arm is shaking, threatening to crush it into little pieces. His eyes are focused at one particular spot on his office walls, glaring at it while imagining different scenarios.

He trusted Luke Crowe to a certain extent. If he were gone tomorrow, he would trust his pack to Luke's hands if not Sullivan's although he'd rather the first. But this is his mate and that makes it an entirely different level of trust - one that Luke Crowe had not clearance for.

"I am not at any liberty to say, Moore." Melissa Sullivan answers from the other line, a hidden smirk in her voice and higher pitch tone underneath. She's trying her best to contain herself and Nathan is on the verge of destroying his entire office. "Isn't she yours before she's mine? Shouldn't you know where your mate is at?"

Nathan has never growled so much in one day. Even during the war, when enemies were constantly at his doors, he didn't growl so much. He didn't even feel this much frustration and it's starting to become unhealthy. Soon, he's sure he's going to break. And that means that someone is at risk. He just doesn't know if it's a physical risk or a sexual risk.

"Damn it Sullivan! Where the hell is Audrey Edith Hastings?!"

Melissa's lively laugh on the other end does nothing for his temper.

"Alright, alright!" She sighs and he can imagine one of her fingers wiping away a falling tear from her eyes too well. "I'll tell you but it does not give you permission to go and fetch her. She'll return when she is done."

"Where?"

Patience is never his friend. Sullivan sought out that weakness of his too much. She extorted it, taking her time on negotiations during the war, putting off diplomatics and doing aggravating things like this, putting off much needed information until he is on the edge of exploding. Each time, anger seethes out of him for hours on end and his own pack suffers the consequences. Emotions run high and tensions cloak rooms thickly. Challenges are raised and fights occur and then he has a whole new rank order to memorize. If he had his Luna, his temper would go straight to her and she, being his mate, would have the cure-all key to helping him contain it. 

But that won't happen anytime soon. Soon is filled with plans of hunting down Luke Crowe, ripping him apart and then punishing Audrey for her disobedience.

He doesn't even want to think about how she reflected his alpha command.

"They were at Benito's Place - an Italian restaurant that is one of her favorites." Sullivan explains. "She and Luke probably ordered the full course meal so they'll probably were there for an hour or so. Last I heard, they had just finished a movie though."

He hangs up on her, slamming his phone down in front of him. The plastic covering cracks but he could care less.

He can still see the way she looked when she walked out of the bathroom this morning in nothing but a bra and underwear. Her curves entices him in ways he didn't think was possible. Her breasts....breathtaking. Her smooth tan skin calls out to him and her hair teased him, covering her neck and then revealing it, beckoning him to take her and mark her. He wants to pull her close and taste her skin on his teeth. He wants to run his fingers over her and inhale her scent like he lives off of it. He can still feel all of these urges even after she dressed and was gone from his sight.

Then, she teased him by pushing up her breasts with her arms and leaning forward ever so slightly. It took his all to control his wolf and if it weren't for Henrietta showing up, he didn't know what he would have done. His wolf is still angry with him, constantly whimpering for Audrey and growling whenever Nathan tried to soothe him. He can still sense her pain from when she saw him release his urge on another. It spreads through his veins making everything hurt. He can still sense her anger too.