Thirty-One

Nathan follows Audrey to the Sullivan back yard where the party has resumed for the second time. Her hand is grasping his, pulling him forward and all he wants to do is to yank her back into his arms. His need for her is overwhelming. He can feel her emotions and her wolf is constantly at the back of his mind, telling him things Audrey couldn't bring herself to say. Her scent is mixed with his and every time he breathes in, he can smell it and his pride swells. She's all his and he wants nothing more than to drag her home and ravish her raw. Unfortunately, being the next Iota has her running around making decisions and being her mate means he gets dragged along.

He doesn't mind becoming the next Kappa. He'd prefer to be in charge of the army but being Kappa has its advantages too. It just means more responsibility and a bigger pack to run - the entire Wolf Country. He's not intimidated by the title like Audrey. He can tell she's hiding her insecurities about it but he doesn't blame her for having them. She hasn't run a pack let alone a country and she probably isn't aware of how much work it can be taking care of one hundred wolves alone. That's why he's here though. He knows that no matter what, she is his priority and anything she wants to work on, he'll do all he can to support her.

When did he become such a girl?

Audrey's blue eyes look at him and he mentally freezes. Those crystal eyes have him enchanted, completely under their control. She could ask him anything and he'd do it with one look from her. His little mate is going to be the death of him.

She pulls him to a stop and he wraps his arms around her. He can hear the praises from his pack as they look at the two with hidden smiles and smirks and he can't help but feel powerful knowing he has their support and he has Audrey's acceptance.

Ralph and Roman are in the middle of a vicious fight. He can hear Moore and Sullivan wolves cheering on each one as they look with excitement and amusement. Gavin and his mate stand close by, watching with cautious eyes for anything that might get out of hand. Simon, he realizes is nowhere to be found. But Luke hangs up on his cell phone and is walking towards them.

"Blaze and Jasper won't get here until tomorrow night." Luke reports with a frown. "The other alphas will be here in the morning or so Simon says."

"That's fine." Audrey's sweet voice replies, leaning back against Nathan. He nuzzles her neck, leaving feathered kisses. The taste of her skin is becoming his favorite flavor and if he thought he suffocated from her scent before, he was dead wrong. It's what he lives off of now. He needed it at all times.

"What did you decide? Where do you want to build your castle?" Luke smirks at Nathan, his eyes running over how his arms are wrapped around Audrey. Nathan glares at him but keeps his growl to himself.

"From my house," He says. "The Moore pack has enough strength to keep off any attackers and protect their Iota and Luna."

"I don't doubt it." Luke chuckles. "With my pack joining them soon, a small army will be defending your castle, my lady."

Audrey snorts. "Small? Have you seen how many Moore wolves there are? Everyone here is just a small fraction of it."

Nathan smirks. "There's over three hundred right now. Once the Crowe pack comes, there will be over five hundred wolves under my name."

Luke whistles. "And most of those are warrior wolves. I think staying at the Moore pack house will be great for you, Audrey. A guaranteed safe house."

Gasps filled the party atmosphere and Nathan looks ahead. He can feel Audrey tense in front of him as they watch her brother pummel Roman without mercy. Roman viciously continues to fight back and it looks like the amusement of it all has left.