Five

Audrey didn't fall asleep right away like she had thought she would after a day of driving by herself and getting wrapped up with conflicting emotions over the actions of Nathan Moore. Instead, she went to bed angry and spent the rest of the night tossing and turning. Her dreams were filled with images of Nathan Moore, ranging between killing him, making him beg for mercy and feeling his lips all over her. She woke up in the morning irritable and the sight of Nathan sleeping next to her infuriated her.

Thoughts of waking him up abruptly or taking the opportunity to draw on his face came to mind. She considers for a moment the idea of kicking him off the bed and feigning innocence but that quickly vanished when she remembers how tall and muscular his frame is compared to her short and thin frame. There's no possibility of getting away with it cleanly.

She sits up and looks back at him. He's taken up most of the bed, giving her about one third of it, simply because of his massive size. He isn't fat and there isn't a soft spot on him. He's all muscle, big and muscular. It's almost teasing the way he's sprawled out like some big, warm pillow that she can rest against.

She ignores the urge to lay closer to him and climb out of bed bitterly. The cold air rushes over her skin and she shivers, fighting the need to climb back into bed. She walks softly over the carpet into the closet to grab some clothes before entering the bathroom. She turns on the shower and strips, but not before she locks the door. She can't be too easy for Nathan lest she wants to be played with again.

Not that she imagined he would. He did pretty much say that he wasn't attracted to her simply because her boobs are smaller than other girl's are. So if that's the way he wants to play at it, then she won't be attracted to him either. Nobody wants a big, massive person to squeeze next to anyway.

She finishes showering and gets out, running her fingers through her wet hair. She brushes her teeth as she slips into a bra and matching underwear before gathering her pajamas in her arm. Opening the door and walking into the room, she finds that Nathan had just finished getting dressed. He looks up and she captures his eyes, watching as they glance over her body and inwardly smirking.

He can pretend all he wants but she knew he's just as attracted to her as she is to him.

She calmly walks pass him into the closet and throws her dirty clothes into the empty suitcase lying next to the wall. She has just enough clean clothes to last the week and since she isn't staying longer than that, there is no point in washing them here with the Moore's clothes. She pulls on some jean shorts and then a blue tank top before slipping into her converse. When she walks out of the closet, Nathan is sitting on the bed with an irritated expression on his face.

Again, she can hear his wolf pressuring him.

"What?" She greets, snapping him out of his thoughts. He stands and walks out of the room, leaving the door opened for her. She rolls her eyes and follows him despite that his long legs went far too quickly for her. She forgot about that.

It's hard for to imagine that if Melissa and John didn't show up when they did that night, her own mate would have pounced on her and killed her with his own teeth for trying to escape her prison. She had been kept hostage and used as a punching bag to torment other Sullivan wolves into telling them information simply because they're a family oriented pack and she is an omega. One of the wolves, Connor Jackson, had devised a plan to distract the guards long enough so she could escape. At first, she didn't want to do this but he argued that it was the only way she'd survive. She couldn't argue with him much then. She barely had the energy to do anything but sleep. After all, he and the rest could phase and handle anything the Moore's gave them. She, on the other hand, was on the verge of dying.