Fifty-Eight

Millis stays low, intently listening in on her surroundings. She's about eighty feet away from building four where the Iota and Karmen are locked away in safety and her mind is listening in on all of the reports. Lance, Carter, Colt and Eric are spread out somewhere near by, each intently listening in on their surroundings while keeping up with all of the reports. So far, it looks like the Kappa's attack is going smoothly but Millis has this sickening feeling in her chest.

The door to Simon is opened in her mind. She never said her potential goodbyes to him before they all split up and she hasn't contacted him. She can tell that he's busy infiltrating rogue parties and torturing them for information. He's always working on his own but she supposes that's a good thing. He gets easily distracted with someone else by his side or so she's noticed but he always brushes it off. So far, he doesn't seem to be too reckless which makes both her and her wolf happy. She'll kill him if he gets hurt.

Everyone else is tense and just as busy. They're either guarding the Moore borders with their all or fighting against rogues throughout Wolf Country. It's been hours since they started this frontal massacre and things seem to be going smoothly but that also means it's been hours since Audrey's been locked away in building four and it's not a good thing. Millis knows it's tearing her down slowly and she hopes Karmen is doing a good job at distracting her. Every now and then she'll check in on them, making sure they're not focusing on the fight but on whatever they're talking about.

Man, this is boring.

Millis ignores Lance's thoughts, her ears perking up at the passing patrols. They thunder by for the thirtieth time without stopping or glancing her way, entirely focused on what is outside of the borders. So far there doesn't seem to be any disturbances of any kind near the pack. The rogues are putting up more of a fight though and with every minute, Millis is sure that R is somehow sneaking his way around their forces. Last report states that he's hiding somewhere up north. And with Nathan's advances everywhere else, she imagines that its true. The only issue is if he will be able to sneak his way back towards the Moore territory.

Compared to most pack territories, the Moore territory is rather large and with over five hundred wolves, it should be. Everyone is spread out according to their function to the pack. Those needed most and those who have more responsibilities stay close to the pack house while the rest, like those who maintain the border, are spread out through the territory, closer to borders for security. Everyone is proud of their territory and they work hard to maintain it. Their borders meet the Sullivan territory on the south side and they spread out to either neutral lands with humans or another pack's land. And the north side hits neutral lands. Millis knows the border patrols are more alert there. Kappa Nathan actually placed an entire blockade to stay there in case of an attack and they're all strictly pure bred Moore wolves. He isn't risking anything. If R does attempt to sneak in through there, she knows that the pack and the rest of the Wolf Country will know at an instant.

South side, all clear! Rogue party on run towards east side!

East side's busy. Come back later.

Greyson! Get your head out of your ass and cooperate!

Damn Sullivan!

Millis shakes the argument out of her head and focuses on the important reports. Leon, teamed up with Alpha Laurens's group, is heading east after establishing a stable border control for that side of Wolf Country. Alpha Manning just died from protecting the south side on his own borders but other than a few other deaths, it seems the south is clear of rogues. That means Wolf Country is half cleansed and their work is almost done and it's only been just over forty-eight hours. It's a miracle how any of them has managed to stay awake this long.

Crowned Wolf (Original)(Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara