Sixty-Seven

Staring out the window with obvious annoyance, Audrey lets out a frustrated noise as she watches her mate and brother disappear into the woods with some of the Moore wolves. Setting up for a not so nice welcoming for Ryan Holt, Nathan ordered her, with full Kappa force, to stay inside the pack house at all times until his return. Needless to say, she's a little pissed off but that isn't necessarily why.

Actually, she's not sure why she's entirely pissed off. Sure, she's a little annoyed that Nathan ordered her the way he did but she understands his reasons. Besides, the last few times she's broke orders, something always went down. And considering that Ryan Holt is on his way here, most likely with intentions to not only kill her mate but make her his, it's probably for the best that she stayed out of the way and let her mate handle the fighting. She has no worries about Nathan handling his own. But for Fenrir's sake, she's entirely pissed off about the whole thing and she doesn't understand why.

Ever since she's woken up, little by little, things started to slowly annoy her. First, Nathan didn't replace the toilet paper roll in the bathroom after he used it which normally isn't a big deal but it really set her off today. Then, she got water down her shirt when she was drinking it at breakfast and her entire mood was off. Then Nathan kept her to himself and she felt stifled which was a weird, abnormal thing all on its own. She always wants to be next to him but today, she just didn't want anything to do with him. And then, Ralph made a comment about her shirt. It wasn't insulting but it really had her thinking about it all day. She even changed shirts but she couldn't let it go. And finally, Nathan and Ralph left and Audrey's anger had multiplied the moment her family stepped outside of the house. It's like she was on her period but at least fifty times worse. Usually, she didn't get moody or easily irritated. She just always felt tired or bloated and then there's the irritating feeling of constantly being uncomfortable. But mood swings? She's never had a problem with them.

Besides, she isn't due for another week, at least.

Millis joined her just minutes before Nathan and Ralph took off, leaving Leon in charge of border controls and Audrey's security along with Millis. And just like Audrey, she also seems distressed in some manner or form but Audrey isn't in the right mind to find out why. Her head is starting to ache from the overwhelming emotion and slowly, her energy is draining. She just wants today to end already.

"If you keep staring at your reflection like that, you'll turn into stone." Leon teases her and Audrey, in a rare, snappy moment, growls at him. Leon flinches from her Iota force and then frowns in confusion at her. Puzzled by her own reaction, Audrey ignores him and turns back to the window.

"Did Nathan piss you off before he left?" Millis asks her quietly, cautiously but it does nothing to soothe Audrey's temper. And before she can reply, she's distracted but none other than her stomach. An ache makes her groan and she wonders when she last ate.

Maybe that's why I'm feeling cranky.

Without answering Millis, she heads towards the kitchen, knowing that her head guard would follow her like her shadow. Karmen is there, leaning over the counter, reading a book, completely oblivious to Audrey's intrusion. Audrey doesn't want to bother her and opens the fridge in hopes of finding something appealing but the noise snaps Karmen out of her zone.

"Oh," Karmen greets her, straightening up and glancing sideways at Millis. "Is there something specific you want to eat, Luna?"

Audrey opens her mouth but a stench fills her nostrils and her stomach twists in pure agony. Covering her mouth and closing the fridge, Audrey leans against the counter, taking deep, fresh breaths of air. Then she starts to cough.