Sixty-Eight

Nathan uses his anger as a fuel for strength and he uses his frustration as a fuel for his anger. He's frustrated that Alpha Laurens decided to ignore his orders and take things under control. He's frustrated that the alpha allowed Ryan Holt to escape when all of it could have been done with by now. He's frustrated with how elusive Ryan Holt is. He knows Wolf Country and he knows his territory and the territories surrounding it. There aren't many places for a rogue alpha to hide without someone sniffing him out. But somehow, the rogue bastard is capable of it and it frustrates Nathan to no end. He's frustrated that the other three alphas, Jenkins, Hughes and Carlson, along with the Laurens beta are attempting to plea for forgiveness on behalf of Alpha Laurens. He's frustrated that his mate left him all alone to deal with this political shit. But most of all, he's frustrated with Audrey, herself.

His fist hits the punching bag, the big black mass swinging violently back and forth, giving Nathan a chance to dodge before attacking once more. His hands are wrapped in thin black cloths and his knuckles are aching but it doesn't matter. He keeps hitting the punch bag over and over again, just thinking about the most frustrating person in his life.

He tried to think of something that might've caused the sudden change in her. Maybe it's his own emotions drowning her out. Maybe he's so consumed by it, he doesn't even realize it's reflecting on her. Maybe he just did something stupid. Maybe he fucked up somewhere and just hasn't realized it bothered her. But he can't think of anything. He hasn't spoken with Henrietta - that always made Audrey a little over protective which makes him do it just to see that side of her. But he's been too busy to entertain the notion of it. He hasn't avoided her or ignored her. It's the opposite, actually. He's tried so much to get her to himself, to taste her skin, hear her voice and see those drop dead beautiful zaffre eyes of hers. Every time he tries, she comes up with some kind of excuse and leaves him hanging or she'll get annoyed and just block him out completely. Hell, she barely looks at him these days.

The punching bag starts to squeak irritably in the wide, empty basement and Leon comes over to stop it.

"Whoa, Nate." He smirks. "Save it for Ryan Holt."

Nathan lets out a growl, straightening up and unwrapping his hands. His knuckles are red and irritated but that's normal for him. "Are those alphas still calling?"

"Yeah," Leon stands with his feet shoulder width apart. He's angled towards the punching bag with his fists up by his face and then he starts to swing at the black beast. "Ralph heard about it and answered the calls. Needless to say, they haven't called back yet. But the Laurens beta keeps texting me."

"Fucking packs." Nathan curses, positioning himself for a push up. His workouts normally start with high intensity training routines that would be more than enough for any fit human male. He always keeps moving, channeling his anger and his strength until he's near exhaustion. Then he allows his wolf to take over and the real training begins. This is usually why alphas and betas train separately from the rest of the pack - to ensure their safety. Alphas, especially, are harder to control and should anything poison the mind, the beast could roam free, taking out who he or she pleases without thinking straight. It's pure instincts and it can be a dangerous weapon to yield.

The basement to the first prison building was designed originally for training the pack. Nathan's grandfather, Frederick, saw it as an opportunity to secure the pack's safety when training. Only the prison head, beta and Alpha know the codes to entering the secured facility. Colt is under strict secrecy and Leon trains just as hard as Nathan. There aren't any decorations to make it homey or relaxing unless you count the worn and torn couch along the side of the wall or the many cracks and dents in the walls themselves. The matted floor, an ugly green color, is scratched up and worn down but that doesn't stop them from making new tears into it. The punching bag is only one of four, a necessity that is in constant need of restocking. The dumbbells and dumb bars are off to the side along with several weights. There's a few Precor machines and a rope that hangs from the ceiling but otherwise, the rest of the facility is empty with plenty of space for a wild wolf to move about.