Two

Dusk has settled over the woods by the time the Moore pack made it to Sullivan borders. Considering it wasn't for another battlefield, they weren't particularly in any rush to arrive there and they all knew it would irritate the Sullivan alpha if they were tardy. Their alpha practically ordered them to take their sweet time getting there. They met up with some of the Sullivan wolves who guided them to the Sullivan estate, where they were welcomed with bright lights and delicious food. Nathan Moore glanced over the pack house and shrugged at it. It could use some work if it wanted to compare to his pack house.

His tall stature had him oozing out power to the wolves around him who tilted their heads in respect as he walked towards the back porch of the two story home to meet Melissa Sullivan, his most hated foe. She stood, waiting for him at the stairs with a smug but irritated expression over her face. He could see she was trying hard to not be bothered by their tardiness.

"Right on time," She greets, holding out her dominate hand with a hard smile. He grasped it, smirking down at her small frame.

"Did you think I'd be late?" Her grip tightened and he let out a low growl of amusement before she dropped his hand and left it at that but it wasn't hard to see how much she wanted to rip into his throat. He welcomed the challenge anytime.

He looked across the porch to where a small desk had been placed with two sheets of paper lying on top. Each had a fancy, black pen next to it as he stepped closer. "Is this the treaty?"

"Two exact copies," She assures him, following him despite the blow it caused to her alpha pride. "You can look them over. All they need is a signature and a date from each of us." He ignored her as she rambled on about a small change she made to one of their verbal terms and picked up one of the sheets. His eyes skimmed through it, carefully reading the clause for the territory lines and making sure every detail was correct. Then he compared it to the second sheet. They were both typed and printed the same way with not one line different.

"They look fine to me." He tells Sullivan, earning a smile from her.

"Then," She says as she picks up one of the pens. "Ready when you are, Alpha Moore."

They both signed and dated each of the documents and picked one for their own records. With one final tense handshake, it was official and wolves from both packs were cheering for a peace party. Melissa nodded across the field and music blasted through the place, echoing off the building and the trees. Both of the packs started to eat and talk and dance together as peacefully as possible in hopes of returning back to enjoying life. Melissa and Nathan both watched sternly, keeping an eye out for an misbehaving pups while trying to ignore the fact that they were standing next to each other. Nathan knew that if the war had continued, she would have continued to be the first person on his list of people to kill. Not though, it was hard to take a liking to her - especially after she managed to escape his attack before without a rematch to restore his pride. She's the only person who has been able to escape his attack so far and that isn't something he can accept so easily. It is something that would mark his record for a long while.

"Excuse me." Nathan recognizes the Sullivan beta as he climbs up the stairs. He bows his brown covered head in respect and Nathan narrows his eyes. It isn't the first time he's come to contact with Gavin Reade. Gavin stands straight, completely ignoring Nathan's presence and turns to the Sullivan alpha. "I demand a dance, mate."

Melissa giggles girlishly at his smirk. She looks at Nathan from the corner of her eyes and takes a step forward, leaving with him. "Then, Nathan, enjoy yourself."

Nathan scoffs, watching the two with disgust. Ever since he turned fourteen eight years ago, he had waited patiently for his mate to reveal herself. He had always wondered what she would be like, how strong she would be and how powerful they'd be together. With all of his land and territory at hand, he had no doubt that even if war was raging beyond their borders, that they would dominate every enemy they came across and his sons would inherit all that they win. But after six years of waiting, he started to give up. Now, he's much too focused on warfare to even think about getting a mate let alone claiming and protecting her from his long line of enemies. And living with one woman seems too dramatic and stressful for him after he witnessed his third's mate going haywire over something incredibly stupid.