Thirty-Nine

Audrey falls into the bed with a sigh of relief. Her body feels heavy with exhaustion and her mind is running on a high, going through different thoughts without many transitions, making her mind a complete mess. The lingering scent of Nathan has her calming and she cuddles into the pillows, inhaling it as much as possible.

It's been nearly a week since the new laws of Wolf Country has been set up and her mate is still busy trying to get his hands on that wolf attempting to break into his territory. The Knox and Helsing clans have yet to attack and rogues are still rumored to be acting up. This R character is still unknown to anyone but all of the alphas, having returned to their packs, are constantly reporting to the Moore pack house. Her attention has been pulled left and right. Jenna has taken her under her wing, teaching her how to be an appropriate Luna suited to Moore's higher standards. The Moore pack themselves have demanded her attention, whether it was for simple things or not. The pack house is being worked on, building up to the future royal pack palace and her opinion is constantly sought after. Plus, reports from packs all over Wolf Country are coming in and she wants to know everything, demanding Nathan's attention to catch her up on everything so they can solve issues together. On top of that, she's been having Millis train with her secretly since her mate is adamant that she doesn't fight. It took her a lot to convince her head guard but as soon as she spilled Simon's CiCi secret, she had Millis in the palm of her hand. Now, she just has to hide the small bruises she gets. Otherwise, so far, despite how hectic it's been, Wolf Country is being set up properly and smoothly with only minor issues.

Still, sometime soon, someone is going to crack and appear to ruin it all.

"What are you doing?"

Audrey lets out another sigh, waving her hand.

"Just what I need," She hums out as Nathan crosses the room towards her. He sits next to her, making the bed dip and her lean towards him. She reaches over, grabbing his hand, brushing her lips over his knuckles. He chuckles over her, leaning closer and kissing her head.

"You're stressed. Have you eaten?"

She hums a reply. He takes her hand and pulls her closer, setting her in his lap. She leans into him, wrapping her arms around him and inhaling his scent. His lips brush over her head, towards the side of her face and then to her shoulder where he leaves lingering kisses. She feels herself melting into him, warmth spreading through her that makes her forget about the world. Nothing else matters but him and he's the only thing keeping her together.

"I haven't seen you all day." He mutters against her skin, running his hands over her back.

"I missed you too."

He laughs under his breathe, moving to lean back against the headboard. "Things are falling into place. Soon, I can annoy you all over again, as many times as I want."

She smiles against his neck. "I'm looking forward to it."

He growls, widening her smile. Placing another kiss on her temple, he lets out a sigh. "How was your day?"

"Crazy and busy. Oh, I picked red for the carpet color in our soon to be finished throne room. And I said no to chandeliers. But are you sure we need to to move the bedroom to the sixth floor?"

"When it's completed, the sixth floor will be just for us and it will be soundproof." His smirk makes her blush. "And our room will be bigger. Won't you like more space?"

"I like our room." She smiles, snuggling closer. "I could care less about the size of it. Just as long as the bed's big enough to allow us both to sleep comfortably."