Nine

Audrey rolls over onto her back, stretching her neck as she sighs in comfort. She cuddles the sheet closer to her chest feeling nice and warm - just the right amount of comfort that makes her want to stay in bed all day. But it's too comfortable. She starts tossing and turning, trying to find that one comfortable spot that would keep her warm through the night but she struggled. An empty feeling erupts from her stomach, coursing through her and all she can think about is hunger.

She opens her eyes with frustration and sits up, rubbing her face as she looks around. It's still dark out. She can barely see a thing in the room but she can't find the strength to sleep.

"Can't sleep?" She hears that deep voice ask in the dark and she sighs.

"No," She replies softly before falling back onto her back. "I'm hungry."

He chuckles next to her and she can feel movement across the bed just before a hot sensation touches her thigh. She jerks away in surprise, her body tingling in reaction.

"I can help you."

His breath fans against her neck and she gasps as his fingers trace up her side and over her arm. Shivering from the sudden cold air and his warm touch, she leans further back against the soft sheets. His heat is rising off of his body in waves, hitting her every few seconds as she fights against her instincts to be closer. He didn't.

His lips kiss over her shoulder and her neck down to her collarbone. His hands wrap around her wrists and he pins them above her as he places himself over her, covering her shivering body with his warm one. Her fingers curl with his instinctively and she arches her back, giving him more access to caress her with his nibbling lips. She sighs as they trail over her skin sending burning sensations through her body and she wants more.

Nerves get the best of her. She's never felt so hungry, so greedy for something physical like this before. She can feel the emptiness control her, satisfied only by the feel of him against her. Her heart pounds with life with every touch and every kiss. She's never felt so alive.

When his lips finally meet hers in a dominating kiss, her knees go weak and she moans. His chest pressing against hers excites her and she kisses back with as much need as he puts into it.

Her mind is conflicted. This is wrong. She shouldn't be doing this. This wasn't her.

But it feels so right. She wants this. She wants more. She doesn't want to stop anytime soon She wants to always experience this - to be comfortable with this.

Audrey wakes up in a cold sweat. The sheets are sticking tightly to her skin and her heart is thundering in her chest. Her stomach is filled with butterflies of a different kind and she can feel herself blushing like a cherry. Her knees are weaker than she remembers them feeling and her hands are shaking in front of her as she glances around the room.

The sun's just peeking through the dark blanket of the night, shining lightly through the cracks of the curtain. Birds are chirping in the distance and she knows its going to be a good day. She takes a breath and looks over herself in the dim light. Her pajamas are still on and she's practically in a cocoon of sheets. Next to her, Nathan lies flat on his stomach with one arm above his head, facing her. He's out cold.

She releases a heavy sigh, clutching her fist in torment. Why would she dream such a scandalous dream? Even if they're mates, she doesn't want to be with him let alone be touched by him like that. Why would her nonexistent wolf show her something so...dirty?

She shakes her head. The images are rushing back to the front of her mind and she can't have that happening. She's extremely thankful that Nathan isn't awake yet. She wouldn't know how to face him like this.