"Already got it and already finished assigning them." Leon smirks, opening the door. "Amazing isn't it? I'm ahead of the game these days." Nathan ignores the latter statement. He knows his beta better than that.

"What about the payments for the damage repairs at the east cottage?"

"...Haven't gotten to that yet." Before Nathan can scolds him, his desk phone starts to ring. With a nod from Leon and an irritated sigh, he picks it up and answers it grumpily.

"How's the mate business treating you?" He growls at the sound of Sullivan's voice teasing him from the other end. He can just see that Sullivan smirk crawling across her face. "It's already rumored here that you did, in fact, mark her. Should I expect a celebrating invitation soon?"

Nathan pauses. His catches his beta's eye and waits for an explanation. Leon shrugs, sliding out the door to immediately track down the source.

"Why would I mark a child?" Nathan scoffs and just as he says his next words, he can hear his wolf snarling at him at the back of his mind. "She isn't even pretty."

"You keep telling yourself that, Moore. But I know from experience that thinking your mate isn't pretty is impossible." Nathan hears Gavin Reade say and he can even imagine his smirk too. He can't help the glare that crawls over his own features.

"Maybe for your pup but when it comes to Audrey Hastings, it's impossible to be attracted to her." He sighs heavily. "You didn't call me for this crap, did you?"

Sullivan giggles. "Of course not. But how is my Audrey Edith Hastings? If you or any one of the Moore pack dares to hurt her, I'll kick your asses."

Nathan would have to remember the middle name for another time. Right now, he's trying not to focus on Melissa's tone and her claim. It's pissing him off.

"For an abnormally weak omega, she's safe." Nathan smirks, thinking about the field challenge tomorrow. "For now."

"Good. Here's your wolf. He says he has something to report to you immediately." Sullivan explains before shuffle echoes and new voice speaks into the phone.

"Alpha." Nathan recognizes Lance Pagan, one of his most trusted wolves. "Alpha Crowe just passed through town heading for you. I recognized him coming back with Gavin from their border lines."

"Shit," Nathan curses. Of course Luke would do something like this. Just to piss him off, Luke would do anything other than what he says he will. "I'm going to fucking kill him."

Nathan slams the phone down and makes his way out of his office. Through his pack connection, he's already sending out orders by the time he runs into Leon in the hall.

"It seems little Miss Omega of the Month told everyone you officially marked her." He explains with a smirk but quickly hides it once he sees Nathan's frustration.

"Luke is about to arrive." Nathan explains. "I do not want a bloody fight going on right now with Sullivan breathing down my neck."

"On it." Luke exits through the back door, shifting instantly into his light brown wolf and running out of sigh. Nathan gives a few more orders, ignoring the wolves around him running around to follow them and then he heads for Audrey.

Her scent fills his nostrils and his wolf howls greedily. His eyes crosses over the room and finds her instantly. She's laughing, leaned up against the counter of the bar while talking to one of the Locke siblings. She looks perfectly content - beautiful and comfortable. Meanwhile, he's been in his office fuming over her....just her. 

As soon as he enters the room, he can see that she senses him. She immediately goes rigid and stands straighter, locking her beautiful blue eyes right onto his. His wolf purs at the sight and he finds himself wrestling with the beast for control.