This is how we do it back home!

Start from the beginning

“I will make him crawl for me in the end,” I say confidently. “I will make him beg by my feet for forgiveness.” The hardness in my voice can’t be concealed. “He will regret rejecting me when he realizes that I am everything he wants.” I look them all in the eyes to show that I’m serious. “Let’s make a wolf spirit pact.”

I hold out my hand with my palm down and they look hesitantly back at me.

“It’s dangerous to do wolf spirit pacts,” Cole says a bit scared. “It shouldn’t be made out of a game either.”

It is way out of league for common wolves to get involved with any kind of pact in the wolf spirits name so I understand his reasoning.

“Trust me,” I tell them. “Trust me if I am your friend. The wolf spirits will reward you for it.”

“Cool!” Carlie shouts and slams her hand down onto mine. “I love being a naughty girl. You boys can be scared all you want, me and Ray definitely have more balls than you anyway.”

Her teasing makes them growl in defense and the manly pride of them makes them accept my offer and they put their hands on ours. I look at them smiling. I’ve done this many times before in the Ninjan Pack so there’s no risk I will make any mistake within the pact. I make myself ready and summon the wolf spirits inside of me until I feel the whole connection set up. I then begin chanting.

“Holy Wolf Spirit, we are gathered here today as friends to make a pact in your strong name. Guide us on our journey and assist us to our benefit on our quest. Make our enemies weak and give us advantage in strange situations. Holy Wolf Spirit, today I was rejected by my mate, a mate you bonded me with and he didn’t just offend me with the reject. He spat on your name and wisdom. This rejection cannot be accepted, your will is our law and a guide how to live our lives. We will not give up until he accepts me and our destiny to be mated. I wish to live after the way you planned me to. Holy Wolf Spirits, this is our pact. Give us your blessing. Your wisdom will enrich us.”

“Your wisdom will show,” they chant after my finishing words.

The wolf spirit powers spreads inside us, something they never felt outside dinner prayers. They look at each other in wonder and disbelief. We break the connection by retrieving our hands and I smile at them completely at ease.

“Thank you, now I can feel completely sure I will win this battle,” I say to them.

“This is definitely something new,” Greg says slowly and inspects his hand where he felt the power arise before it spread through his body. “Is it dangerous to break a pact?”

“The wolf spirits will not allow you to do it,” I answer him. “They will use you in their mind plays. We are all tools in their world.”

“I thought the wolf spirits was a passive force,” Cole says surprised.

“Most wolves forget the power the wolf spirits possesses and only use it as a recharge force,” I start explaining. “Many are lead to believe in this and they will never be told the truth or chosen to become an alpha. We are supposed to hold an active communication with the spirits on a daily base where we both give and take. The spirits will reward you with a lot of insight if you do this.”

“You seem to know a lot of these things, where did you learn all of this?” Adam asks.

“I was raised like this,” I answer him honestly. “I moved here to see what regular wolves live like.”

“Is that why you live with Alpha Denwood?” Greg wonders.

“Yes,” I nod. “Just for a year, then I will be returning home again and work as an assisting teacher.”