Why are we here?

A/N
It's Monday which means an update! WHOOP WHOOP 💃🏻🙌🏼

Brooke's POV

Lee and I arrived back at my home to see that my mum and Caleb were back. Perfect. I pushed the front door opened and instantly walked up the stairs. I feel sorry for lee. He has to see all of this.
"Brooke, we need to talk." My mum shouted after me, I huffed and told lee to wait in the bedroom so he didn't feel awkward.
"What is there to talk about mum?" I asked once I heard my bedroom door closed.
"Your attitude has been appalling recently." She replied.
"My attitude is like this because of your new boyfriend." I whispered harshly.
"Don't blame this on Caleb." She shouted.
"But it's his fault. First of all, he just shows up out of no where, secondly, he's changed you completely, thirdly, he told you I had an attitude problem in front of my boyfriend and last of all, he's pretending to be my father." I yelled. I've never shouted at my mum before and I could tell she was taken back from my outburst.
"Just go up to your room and tell lee he has to sleep down on the sofa tonight." My mum sighed and my jaw dropped.
"What? Why?" I asked.
"Because I'm not having you sleep in the same bed in my home." She answered.
"This is my home too. You and Caleb sleep in the same bed." I shouted.
"You're not sleeping in the same bed, end of. Now get up to your room." My mum said, raising her voice near the end.
"Wow, going up to my room, great punishment mum." I mumbled, stomping up the stairs and walking into my room where I slammed the door.

"We're not allowed to sleep in the same bed?" Lee asked.
"I'm guessing you heard everything?" I sighed.
"Yep." He replied, getting up from my bed and pulling me into a hug. I brought my hands up to my face and began to cry. Why am I even crying? God, I must look so stupid right now.
"I hate it here lee." I sobbed.
"I know baby, I know." He whispered, rubbing a hand up and down my back soothingly. He placed a soft kiss on my head and swayed us side to side gently.
I pulled my head away from Lee's chest and looked up at him.
"I'll sleep on the sofa, you take my bed." I sniffed as he wiped away my tears with his thumbs.
"No. I'm not taking your bed." He frowned.
"Please." I begged.
"She said we couldn't sleep in the same bed, not the floor or the sofa." He smirked and a small laugh escaped my lips.
"We could try sleeping on the floor or on the sofa together but if she chucks you out, I apologise in advance." I said and a smiled crept it's way on to his face.
"I love you." He grinned.
"I love you too." I whispered, resting our foreheads together.

-------------
"Brooke, wake up." I heard someone say, shaking me harshly. I sat up quickly and looked around only to see lee.
"Lee? What's wrong?" I whispered as the house was quiet meaning that it was the early hours of the morning.
"Come with me." He whispered, holding out his hand which I took.
"Where are we going?" I asked as he passed me a coat and grabbed his car keys.
"You'll see." He smirked.
"My mum is going to kill us for leaving the house this late." I whispered as we got in his car.
"We'll be back before she even notices that we're gone." He grinned, putting the keys in the ignition and twisting them to start the car.

Lee instantly turned on the car heating before driving off.
After about 10 minutes, he parked up and I looked at our surroundings. We were at some place with an abandoned hut.
"Why are we here?" I asked.
"Because we..." he started, walking over to the hut and began to climb it.
"We are going to watch the sunset." He grinned, leaning down and holding out his hand.
"I am not climbing this building. How do you even know it's stable?" I asked.
"I don't but just trust me." He smiled. I rolled my eyes but grabbed onto his hand and soon enough, I found myself on top of this little hut.

"How did you even find this place?" I asked, looking around.
"Jake and I took a wrong turning on the way down here and ended up here. It's nice isn't it?" He asked.
"I wouldn't say nice as it looks gross but it is pretty cool." I giggled, wrapping my arms around his torso tightly.
"So you like it?" He asked.
"If I'm seeing the sunrise then yes, I love it." I grinned, standing on my tiptoes to peck his lips before nuzzling my head into his chest. It's freezing this early in the morning.

I turned my head to see the beginning of the sunrise. It filled the sky with mighty colours of red and splashed the clouds with endless rays of pink. It was beautiful. I looked up at lee who was looking out at the sun and his eyes glistened.
"What are you looking at?" He asked.
"You." I grinned.
"Cute." He chuckled, kissing my nose.
I continued to watch the sunrise in his eyes, the view was a lot better.
"I remember that my mum and I watched the sunset from the Hollywood sign in America." I started.
"You got on the Hollywood sign?" Lee asked with his eyes widened. I nodded, laughing, remembering all the fuss it took.
"She wasn't watching the sunset, instead she was staring at me the whole time." I smiled.
"When I asked her why she was watching me, she responded with 'Why look to the sky for the sunset when you can watch it light up the eyes of the person you love?'" I said and a big grin formed on his face.
"In that case, let me watch it rise in your eyes." He whispered, stepping in front of me and stepping to the side so the sun was shining down on me.
"I'm a lucky guy." He breathed out.
"Why?" I asked, laughing.
"Because you're so god damn beautiful." He said before grabbing my face and leaving a soft kiss on my lips.

In this moment, I completely forgot about everything that has happened during the past couple of days, weeks even. If anything, I'm the lucky one to have lee. My love for him is unreal.