Do you know why that is?

Brooke's POV

In the end, Ellie won at bowling then it went Jake then it was lee then it was Steph and then it was myself. Sadly, I lost, by far but that was only because lee kept distracting me and putting me off on purpose.

"James is hosting a party with some more people and he invited us lot. Are you guys up for a party?" Jake asked, turning to face us girls in the back of the car.
"Am I invited?" Eloise asked.
"Nope but you're not to tell mum or dad." Jake replied.
"Why?" She asked.
"Because they just think we're going there to catch up. If they know that we're going to a party with alcohol and stuff they won't let us go again." Jake explained and Ellie sighed. Jake then looked between Steph and I.
"So are you two up for it?" He asked.
"If you're going, I'm going." Stephanie said and I huffed.
"There's no way I'm going to be able to get out of this so I guess I'm going too." I said. Parties aren't really my thing. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I can love them but we're going to a teenage boys house that has alcohol and stuff in, god knows what could happen.

Lee looked at me through the rear mirror and he could tell that something was up with me.

Once we arrived back at the house, we all got out of the car and Ellie unlocked the front door with her house key. I then walked off upstairs to change into some comfier clothes.

I picked out some grey jogging bottoms and on my top half, I just had on my grey Calvin Klein sports bra. I shoved on my black zip up hoodie and left it undone before slouching down onto the bed.
I grabbed my phone and my earphones and plugged them in before placing them snugly in my ears. I put my phone on shuffle and the first song that came on was 'mirror' by lil Wayne and Bruno mars. Being here at the Mitchell household has never been so stressful. To be honest, I don't even know why I'm feeling like this. No one has done anything to me but I guess it's just my depression playing up again. It all started that year when my mum and dad split up. I thought that it would go away eventually but I thought wrong. Do you ever get that feeling when you want to cry for no reason at all? Jeez, what has brought all this on?

I sat there, staring ahead of me, listening to the song that was playing full blast in my ears. I hadn't noticed anyone came in until the bedroom light turned on. I turned my head and saw Lee standing in the doorway. I then took out an earphone so I could hear if he spoke to me or not.
"Why are you sitting in the dark?" He asked.
"The dark is more peaceful." I replied with a small sigh.
"You don't want to go to that party tomorrow do you?" Lee asked, sitting down beside me and I shook my head.
"Not in the slightest." I answered, resting my head on his shoulder.
"Why don't you tell Jake that then?" He asked.
"Because if I say no, I get pressured into it all. It happens in every situation." I sighed.
"Do you know why that is?" He asked and I shrugged.
"It's because you're too god damn nice. Plus, they always want you to come with them because you make every situation better." He grinned and I scrunched my nose up.
"I know you're trying to be nice but there's only so much cringe I can take." I giggled, lifting my head off his shoulder and looking at him.
"You're not a big fan of cringe then?" He asked and I shook my head.

After sitting there, staring into each other's eyes for a good minute, lee brought his hands up to my cheeks, cupping them gently.
"Nothing will happen to you at the party. I won't let anything happen to you." He whispered and I smiled.
"Thank you." I grinned, flicking my eyes from his lips to his eyes. I felt him lean in closer which made me move in and before I knew it, our lips had connected.
My stomach was like a firework display right now and I pulled away, grinning like a physco.

The kiss wasn't too long but it was long enough for me to realise that what I felt for this boy was real. I'm not falling anymore. I think it's safe to say that I fell a long time ago.