32. Enemy

Mr. Jacksonville waited for Jae in the cafe in the company two days later after Jae came back. He was pretty lonely as the two first days of January were free from lectures and all his friends disappeared like by some black magic. Doyoung was late for his flight back and Ten disappeared with Rachel, while Sicheng stayed over at Yuta's they were acting strange since the affair with Sicheng's father.

So Jae was pretty happy to be able to speak to someone and Mr. Jacksonville was a nice man. The evening was frosty and night covered the city while Jae sipped some hot coffee and waited. He was listening carefully to Taeil's manager who complained to one of the producers in the other corner of the restaurant.

"... believe me I can't get this boy to wash or dress up properly. I'm ready to give in on him, but David wants to give him one more chance. He's somewhere else, I know his life is bad but if he wants to be a superstar he must cooperate."

The man shook his head miserably and Jae felt an unpleasant twist.

Would Taeil become happy again if he could try to forgive him, at least speak to him, but Mr. Jacksonville came and smiled wide. He sat next to Jae and his cheerful and kind face made Jae less sad.

"I have a hit song for you," Mr. Jacksonville was so happy.

"So some songwfitef wfote it?" asked Jae.

"Your songwriter," Mr. Jacksonville raised his brow and Jae's stomach twisted again.

"You mean Taeyong" he asked awkwardly.

"Of course I mean Taeyong, man the boy loves you!" Mr. Jacksonville smiled wider in a meaningful way and Jae felt burning coals inside him. "Here," the man gave a piece of paper to Jae and the boy hesitated before he leaned over it and read.

'Snowflakes in the dusk

I can taste the ashes of this love

His hand like poison between my skin

still I would give up daylight to be with him again

The night is falling, day comes by

and I believe my place is in this sweet hands tonight

The light will let him slip

like steam and fog and sun

I hold my love till down

the spell will fade, oh only one

And he is love

love is two

and two is us

and us is you

You you you you

always

till the end of time

you you you you

mine,

oh oh oh oh mine

you you you you

always

in each song and line

you you you you

mine

oh oh oh oh mine'

Jae read and tears started to roll down his face uncontrollably while the paper trembled in his hands. In one second he realized how much he loved Taeyong, how unable he was to live without him and what torture it was to stay away.

"Jae, it's ok, just go to him and make up," Mr. Jacksnoville laid his hand on Jae's shoulder.

"But... he.. he won't," Jae sobbed louder and Taeil's manager turned around.