36. Loved you

Jae looked towards Lauren who had deep blushes on her face and she was crumbling the fabric of her log silver dress in her small hands.

Taeil pressed the chords and closed his eyes. His voice was like the most beautiful thing and it filled the room clearly leaving everyone enchanted.

'I made a mistake

I travelled too far

believed in a fairy tale

and failed to say

I loved you since junior year

I loved you when you were his

I loved you when I was invisible for you

I'm falling to my knees

I loved you from the first sight

I loved you when she was mine

I loved you when you started to see me

I'm falling, falling to my knees

To tell you

I'm sorry, you are the mistake I love

I'm fragile can't get rid of your picture in my heart

I'm hopeless because you're the only one I see

I love you, could you at least once, notice me...'

Jae felt like his heart sped up. He glanced left to Lauren, she was sitting with her head down tears rolling down her cheeks with the black mascara while Doyoung tried to give her a handkerchief she politely rejected. Yuta looked strange, he tried to act calm but Jae knew he didn't like this song about his ex girlfriend at all.

It was so strange to listen to it and know the whole story. Jae remembered like yesterday when they started high school and on a sunny afternoon on their way home to the bus stop they saw Lauren for the first time. Jae remembered how Taeil nearly fell on the straight way how he stopped like hypnotized watching the girl with long dark hair who was walking to the girl's boarding school and talked to her friend.

Back then Jae and Doyoung thought it's just a crush, and that it will fade, but sophomore year came in and Taeil was on the lawn despite the weather each time the girls had a practice on the sports field. He took the longer way to the bus stop to walk around the cafe she visited, and soon they started to go there each school day because they might see Lauren.

Another year went on and two pretty girls wanted to date Taeil during summer vocation, he was depressed, he started something with one but left her after three weeks unable to be with someone he couldn't love. He said he hoped she will cure him of Lauren but nothing happened. He tried two other times with different girls but one relationship lasted a week the second one a month and Taeil was even more miserable. They were so close to senior year when they found out that Yuta is dating Lauren and all the huge drama started. And now they graduated were in the middle of first year in university and here Taeil was again, a young man with a record deal and a career who was still pouring his heart out to Lauren, maybe now when he had had her for one night it was way more mature than before, the phantasy turned into reality and he still loved her, and Jae knew Lauren was torn but liked him a little too.

Taeil finished singing and left the stage and Lauren jumped from her seat.

"I'm sorry," she muttered and ran away. Doyoung jumped up but Yuta was quicker he ran after her and Sicheng glanced at Jae with fear in his eyes.

Jae jumped up. He hoped nothing bad will happen and he ran down the stairs backstage, where Lauren stormed to a women's bathroom and Yuta went inside followed by Jae.

"Why are you crying because of this idiot!" shouted Yuta.

"I thought you have someone!" shouted Lauren and Jae stopped in the door.

"Yes I do, because you cheated on me!" Yuta was shouting loud.

"You cheated first!" she said turning to the sink.

"I only kissed him you slept with him," said Yuta.

Lauren took a breath she observed her mirror reflection.

"Why have you chosen him to cheat on me?" asked Yuta and she trembled.

"Because he loves me like you never did," Lauren straightened. "You know the song he sang was about me, I fet this way about you for years. I always sneaked in to watch you practice dance or play football, remember how Rita got me on one of your parties during sophomore year, you were a little drank back then but left your stupid girlfriend and made our with me, do you remember this, probably not. I dreamed of you for so long and then you finally noticed me and asked me out, and these were two years of something I wanted to have, but there ware also bad moments, you left me for a year, just so, you cheated on me with him, you called me names, pushed me around treated me like rubbish, he would never do it," she was crying again.

"I remember this night ok, I liked you back then, I had an eye on you from this time, but I was in a relationship so it needed time," Yuta faced his feet.

"Oh sure," Lauren hissed.

"Listen I can take you back because I won't stand my ex running around with this loser," said Yuta and Jae felt heat again.

"What about your pretty boy, will you break his heart too, I thought you love him, but no you can't love anyone!" shouted Lauren.

"Oh come on he's pretty but you're my girlfriend," said Yuta approaching her but she moved back.

"Ex girlfriend," she emphasized each word. "The thing is since I slept with him  I can't think about you the same way," said Lauren and Yuta stopped. "The way he did it, the way he touched and kissed me was the most amazing and passionate and gentle ever. I can't explain it but there is something about him I really desire," she spoke and Yuta took a step back.

"You're such a bitch," he swore and raised he hand up to slap her face but Jae jumped at him and grabbed his arm turning it around so Yuta winced in pain.

"Asshole!" shouted Lauren and left the bathroom quickly while Jae slammed Yuta against the wall and left behind her.

He was shivering, how could Yuta say all this things, Jae thought he loved Sicheng.

"Jae thank you, I'll go back to my room now," Lauren washed her tears off and made the mascara even worse.

"I can..." said Jae.

"No, he needs you to be there for him when he performs," she turned around and ran away.

Thank you so much for your amazing support and feedback, the story reached 20K reads, I'm so thankful 💖

So what do you think about Taeil's song for Lauren and the Lauren and Yuta's fight?

Much <3