23. Slow motion

After eavesdropping Yuta's deepest troubles and fears Jae couldn't get himself together. The world seemed so different and he walked next to Taeyong like a shadow through the university buildings and grounds. Whenever he glanced at Taeil's very suffering figure he had the huge urge to tell him everything but he guessed Taeyong will be very upset with him if he found out he had listened. He knew Yuta was Taeyong's best friend and the conversations they shared were for their ears only. All the news were too crushing. Kun who was helping elders then Yuta who was still hurt because Taeil had made fun of him in kindergarten, the world was upside down again.

Fortunately Taeyong was there, like a rock and light in his life the only one who kept him from breaking.

It was a late Friday night, the lectures had ended and Doyoung took the huge pile of his own and Kun's homework home telling Jae he has no plans for the weekend. He stall wasn't approachable when it came to the subject of his trainee days in Thailand.

Jae was home alone as Taeyong needed to give a missed homework to their music theory teacher and the evening got long. The distant glow of the setting sun filled the flat and Jae made some tea for himself. He texted Taeyong but the boy didn't text back, and Jae became nervous. Hours passed and deep night feel but Taeyong hasn't called or came back and Jae was sitting on the couch and biting his nails. At 11:00 he called Taeil but he also didn't pick up so he called Ten, none answered and Jae started to feel anger. He interrupted Doyoung's learning time but the boy said he had no idea where they all could be as he wasn't at university, so Jae called Sicheng, but as expected the boy was out for a late night shopping trip with Kun and had no news too. Lauren told him she had caught a cold and is in bed otherwise she would check their dorm and so Jae made a lot of unpleasant winces when he dialed Yuta's number.

"What?" Yuta knew who was calling and his tone was harsh.

Jae had called him only once in an emergency situation so far, but now it was this again.

"I... can't feach Taeyong, he went to give up an essay but isn't back till now, not picking up callas too," explained Jae.

"Oh... Hansol told me Taeyong went to a party with Ten and this Rachel girl," said Yuta.

"What!" Jae shouted. "Whefe!"

"Oh I guess in her room," Yuta tried to have a normal tone and keep the conversation on a polite level. "Hansol was asked to come by their roommate but he had a planned date, anyway, if that's it so bye loser," Yuta ended the call and Jae shivered.

Party, with Ten and Rachel, Jae got up.

He dialed the front desk and asked for a taxi then ran downstairs.

He left the building in a hurry and shouted at the driver till they reach the university. There Jae ran through the alleys to building D. He knew Rachel was living there and he questioned everyone he met on the way about the room of the Mexican girl with bushy hair and insane painter skills.

"Floor 4 room 233," said a girl. "She made a painting of my cat," she added running from the stairs. "And I love your music!" she shouted.

Jae was out of breath when he reached floor 4. There was loud music coming out of the room and he stopped at the door. There was some strange smell in the air and he saw clouds of steam living from under the door. The boy shivered and tried the doorknob, it let go and he pushed it and walked inside.

The whole room was so covered with this steamy substance that it was hard to inhale. In the foggy air Jae saw people and recognized a dancing couple, Rachel and Ten were making out while they moved to the music and her roommate was giggling loud while she sipped a drink from a red cup and she laid on a guy Jae saw for the first time. The room was pretty small and they put a few pink and yellow lamps out to make a disco like atmosphere and than Jae glanced at the bed and everything in him turned in glowing ice. There was Taeyong, his legs were on both sides of the person underneath him and he leaned over the boy kissing him madly, his hands were gliding along his face and neck and his lips and tongue melted passionately in the boy's mouth while they made out without a pause for a breath. Jae's legs were giving in when he moved a few steps into the room to get a better view on the other boy whose hands were tearing on Taeyong's white t-shirt trying to remove it from his back, and whose face was nearly covered by Taeyong's hands and hair strings, and then between the mixture of madly tangled tongues and lips Jae recognized the second face and all in him fell. It was Taeil.

Thank you for the amazing support and over 10K reads 💕💕

I know the chapter has been shocking and sad but let me know what you think.

Much <3