10. Before a storm

The situation was tense, and during breakfast in the canteen Jae met Lauren, she had cried out eyes but what worried him more was her limp and the winces of pain she made each time she sat or stood up. She said she's fine and Kun isn't snoring so it's ok, but he started to practice minor scales at 6 a.m. on the old piano, she had no idea how he got it up to his room on the seventh floor and she was rather tired.

She also told Jae she used a bowl of water to wash because she had no idea how to count 30 liters of shower water a day and he shook his head.

Taeil was nowhere to find and skipped lectures for the whole day and Ten was very busy with Rachel so Jae had the terrible job to be between Sicheng and Lauren as both needed him, but couldn't stand to be in each other presence and by the end of the day Jae had a massive headache and called Doyoung begging for help, but received a short message 'No time' and was very worried about another thing.

Because of all the drama he forgot to ask Ten about him and he needed to run around the campus to find him under a tree where he was making out with Rachel shamelessly.

"Yhym," Jae coughed and Ten used some time to part his lips from the girl.

"Oh Jae, hello," Rachel waved to him.

"Hi, I just want to ask about Doyoung, have yo seen him in Thailand?" asked Jae.

He wanted to spend as less time as possible with the kissing couple as it was a painful view.

"Oh, listen there is something strange going on, I called him," said Ten sitting up. "But he said he didn't have time to see me, so I found out were the band dorm is and I walked there, it looked like a prison rather than a dorm, I tried to get in but they haven't opened the gate and no one wanted to talk to me. A huge man came to me when I didn't want to leave and threatened me so I went back. I hope he's not in some prison or worse," Ten shook his head.

"No!" Jae covered his mouth.

This information joined the whole pile of bad stuff and Jae wished them a nice day and crawled back to the dorm with his head low.

The rest of the week was rainy and Jae spent most of his time with Lauren or questioning Sicheng from the new vocabulary he had learnt. They also needed to practice the first part of the duo dance, but Jae had not heart to tell Taeyong about the project, as he know his boyfriend would take a night of sleep out to come up with something great for them, but he needed the sleep as he worked very hard.

So Jae waited till the weekend and asked their dance teacher to give him the practice room for Saturday evening. He decided to practice alone and hoped it will be ok, he also needed his space.

He was on his way to the building on Saturday afternoon when someone came running to him and Jae blinked a few times recognizing his fellow Art School student the junior Mark.

"Hey man," Mark stopped next to Jae and smiled.

"Hi, what afe you doing hefe?" asked Jae not sure what a sixteen year old boy could do on a university.

"Oh I wanted to talk to you," said Mark.

"Ok, I'm going to the pfactice foom, we can talk on the way," Jae said leading him to the huge building.

"I wanted to call Taeyong but he's never answered any of my calls," muttered Mark. "Anyway you're in the industry too so I wanted to get your advice."

"Ok," Jae felt the happiness that Taeyong is only picking up his calls but then the nice feeling in his stomach turned into ice, because he realized Taeyong was definitely in touch with Yuta too.

He had even called his best friend each day when he refused to contact Jae for over a month of his tour and the memory made Jae feel pain.

"So what do you want to know?" asked Jae to push the conversation somewhere else.

"Oh have you heard about Bunchy Records? They say they're a good and recognizable label, and the producer is called Yagyon," said Mark.

"I guess I've heaft that compay name bfofe, but can't femembef whefe," said Jae.

"Could you ask someone in your company if they're any good, a manager or producer?" asked Mark.

"Yes, sufe I can ask Mf. Jacksonville," said Jae as he really liked this cheerful older man who was his main producer.

"David Jacksonville, the second in head CEO, are you joking man!" Mark got all excited.

"Yes," said Jae.

"Oh wow you know people man," Mark bit his lip. "So anyway won't steal your time, have a nice practice man," Mark tapped his shoulder and turned around.

Jae glanced behind him till he left the building in the setting sun.

It was way after 10 p.m. and Jae thought he did miserable when he unplugged his phone and checked if he had locked the door. His hair was wet from sweat and he needed a shower badly when he pulled a hoodie over his back and walked into the dark corridor. The old building looked ghostly in the nightlight and Jae shivered when he heard some voices. All the hair on his head were up but he moved closer and reached the other practice room hearing a laugh that definitely belonged to Lauren.

 All the hair on his head were up but he moved closer and reached the other practice room hearing a laugh that definitely belonged to Lauren

Thank you for your lovely support.

So what do you think about the new about Doyoung and Mark coming to Jae? What do you think Jae will catch Lauren doing?

Also have you seen NCT 127 new hairstyles?

Much <3