39. This romantic trip

Jae noticed a lot of people are staring because they were boys and they came together, they also danced together, and he felt a little uncomfortable.

Still he forgot all his friends and his worries about them when he laid his head on Taeyong's shoulder enjoying the slow dance. No one bothered them as they moved to the music on the floor for so long, Jae was smiling to himself all the time, sometimes he caught glimpses of Lauren and Taeil who were dancing not far from them or Ten and Rachel. But it was such a perfect evening when Taeyong had only time and eyes for him and Jae knew they're acting carless, but they were kissing while dancing more than they should. Mr. Jacksonville didn't want photos of them being intimate or close to appear in public, but they couldn't help. After few hours of dancing eating laughing and nice time Jae walked to Sicheng to ask how he was, but he bumped into Lauren and Yuta on the way.

"You don't say no for a dance with a gentleman!" Yuta raised his voice while Lauren's cheeks were red from fury.

"You're right but you're not a gentleman at all, he is!" she shouted and stormed off towards her table.

"A stupid bitch that's what you are!" shouted Yuta behind her and Jae passed him quickly.

He found Sicheng on a balcony where the boy pretended he's watching the night sky but seemed very sad.

"Hi, how afe you?" Jae leaned on the barrier next to him.

"Ok," Sicheng bit his lips.

"You can come to mine and Taeyong's table if you like," said Jae.

"Sicheng not bother Jae, Jae and Taeyong nice time," muttered the boy.

"Oh it's ok we can talk and have fun," said Jae.

"Already all over my boyfriend, what Jae," Jae nearly jumped through the balcony when he heard Yuta's voice behind him.

"Tfeat him fight," said Jae his temper rising.

"I do, he's my only one," Yuta tossed Jae a mean glance walking to the boy.

He laid his hands on Sicheng's shoulders and kissed the back of the boy's neck causing him to shiver.

"Go back to Taeyong he misses the one he can top," Yuta laughed.

"And I thought you changed," said Jae sarcastically.

"Yuta not mean to Jae," Sicheg turned around.

"No no babe, this are jokes between us," Yuta smiled in his sweet way.

Jae left the balcony in a hurry, he was so fed up with Yuta and his double face. He was boiling over when he found Taeyong who looked at him questioningly.

"Yuta," groaned Jae.

"Calm down, I'll talk to him leter," Taeyong took his hand. "Jae it's our night," the boy pulled him towards one of the semicircular couches with violet covers and both sat down.

"I know," Jae was still trembling.

He glanced around. Taeil and Lauren were making out wildly on a couch right to them and Yuta and Sicheng came in, Yuta pulled the boy towards a couch on their left side.

"Mf. Jacksonville will be unhappy if we will do stuff hefe," whispered Jae who caught how Yuta pushed Sicheng on the violet fabric with the corner of his eye.

"I don't care it's our night," Taeyong grabbed Jae's neck and kissed him passionately.

Soon they were another couple making out on a couch without a stop for a breath till the first morning lights.

The exams came too quickly and Jae knew he did bad but he was too bothered with his trip to care. Soon it was February and he was in a plane to Europe with Taeyong. During the exam weeks nothing changed between his friends, Yuta was still with Sicheng and Lauren with Taeil so Jae hoped it will somehow stay this way.

They landed while it was still dark and took a car through mountain roads till they reached a small village in the rocks with houses, that ended in the water of the huge lake. The air was chilly and Jae put his scarf tighter around his face when they walked the narrow paths between buildings towards a very old looking house with warm orange painted walls. The dawn was approaching and the fog moved up from the lake side when they entered the house in which Jae found a country side styled place with wooden floors and simple furniture, it seemed pretty empty but had everything they needed and Taeyong bowed down to an older lady and a pretty girl who came to them.

"Nice to meet you, here's the key, the boat you'll see through the bedroom window belongs to the house and you can use it anytime," the older lady spoke, she had an Italian-English accent and she smiled bright.

"Thank you so much," Taeyong took the key from her.

"If you'll need anything call me or my daughter Patricia," she pointed at the girl who smiled to Taeyong and glanced at him in a way that made Jae jealous.

"Have a nice time with your friend," she said moving to the door while she turned around two times looking at Taeyong and Jae closed his fists.

"Bye," Taeyong waved to the women when they closed the front door behind them. After they had left a silence fell, Jae took a deep breath.

"So do you like it?" Taeyong glanced at the old metal chandeliers above them.

"I don't like how she looked at you," muttered Jae.

"Oh come on, you know it's our time, and no one can come between it," Taeyong came to him and took his hand.

"Ok," Jae tried to relax.

They took thir luggage and walked to the bedroom with wooden windows with white frames and long curtains that showed a view on the lake and the mountains on the other side.

"It's pfetty desefted this place," said Jae stopping next to the glass.

"I thought you would like a little time alone, just the two of us," Taeyong's eyes had a wild spark when he came closer and kissed Jae's neck.

"Yes, I like it," Jae smiled.

He yawned loud and leaned against the wall, he was so tired after the flight.

"Let's take a quick shower and get a proper sleep, I'll just clean the bathroom and change the sheets," Taeyong smiled and disappeared in the bath with his additional bag where he had all the cleaning equipment he used and Jae sighed, of course the romantic trip started with Jae waiting on the edge of the bed and Taeyong cleaning.

Thank you so much for being here, for all the lovely feedback and support 💕

What do you think about the end of the ball. Is Jae too worried about his friends? How will his and Taeyong's trip be?

Much <3