56. Taeyong's dance

The next morning brought big news. Mark's single was number one in charts and Sicheng opened  a champagne bottle at 6 a.m. and spilled a lot of bubbles over their bed before Jae could stop him. He emptied a glass, allowed Sicheng to kiss him passionately, but he was somewhere else with his mind. Everything in him was getting ready to see Taeyong, to spend two painful hours in a practice room with the boy. Sicheng's father called and congratulated Jae but he was so far away from the euphony, Ten, Doyoung and Taeil came to him to say how proud they are. Mark sent him a long text in which he described how thankful he is but Jae knew it was just the start and they were lucky, they needed more to establish the label on the market.

The day went too slow and Jae was so over when at 7 p.m. he reached the practice room in the old part of the university buildings. The blends were down, the lights were low, a hip hop beat was on, the room had his smell and it nearly made Jae burst out into tears when he stopped watching the young man in black pants, and a gray shirt, who was battling his own mirror reflection while the dark hair was flying around his head.

Jae waited till Taeyong stopped to dance and he tried to pretend this smooth footwork and popping has never impressed him.

"Hi," Taeyong noticed him and turned the music low. "I know we didn't have time to work on it for the whole year, but we need now or we will fail this subject," said the boy, dark eyes looking anywhere but at Jae.

"Yes," Jae nodded, was it all he had to say.

"Do you... you you have a routine you want to dance?" asked Taeyong awkwardly.

"No, you'fe the bettef dancef, so I accept youf foutine," said Jae with his head low.

"Ok, so what you saw when you came in..." Taeyong started but in this moment Jae's phone rang and the boy picked up noticing Sicheng's number.

"Hi, Jae busy?" asked the boy and Jae shivered.

"No," he lied.

"Sicheng count and us need 500,000 more for Mark promotion. 200,000 for the album and 300,000 for distributataion," Sicheng had a worried tone.

"Don't we have this money?" asked Jae who was getting angry.

"No Jae, we spent on contracts, and lawyers, and court with Mark, and video was 80,000 and promotion..." Sicheng stuttered.

"Sicheng listen I'm busy now, can we talk latef?" asked Jae.

"Ok, but my daddy no money more, he say we must see business hard we understand," said Sicheng in a scared tone.

"Yes, yes, I get it, I'll think about it just let us talk tonight," said Jae feeling sweat drops on his spine.

"Ok, Sicheng wait," said the boy and he ended the call.

Jae swallowed, how on Earth could he find half a million, but he looked up at Taeyong who pretended he haven't heard the conversation.

"Can we?" he asked.

"Yes," Jae nodded.

He tried to let it go for this tow hours, although Mr. Jacksonville's words appeared in his mind, the one he said when Jae told him he's leaving the company "You're throwing it all away risking your future for nothing, It won't work I know the business for too long, half a year and you will regret you've ever made this choice."

Were they all right, Mr. Jacksonville his mum, was he designed to fail. He clenched his fists and Taeyong stopped counting the moves.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

"Yes, continue," Jae tried to sound calm but he was trembling.

"Jae if you need to do something..."

"No, I came hefe to dance, so let's dance!" he said angrily.

Taeyong bit his lip but turned to the mirror and started from the move they had stopped at.

Jae felt the dance clears his mind and he forgot all his problems for two hours of concentration and hard work, but when they danced at the end and Taeyong recorded it on his phone he had placed on the speaker, and Jae leaned above the boy's shoulder watching their performance he had to say it was amazing.

"A few more practices and we will kill it on the exam," whispered Taeyong smiling.

"Yes," Jae moved back and Taeyong blushed a little but Jae turned from his face quickly, he took two steps from the boy because this closeness was giving him goose bumps.

"So let's meet in two days the same time, ok?" asked Taeyong.

"Will be good," Jae took a breath.

"Thank you it was a great practice," Taeyong moved his hands into his pockets awkwardly.

"So, see you," Jae made something like a wave and turned around.

He reached the changing room quickly and decided to shower in his apartment, this place with the metal dark green lockers brought back the memory he wanted to forget, but it was all hopeless and Jae stopped with his bag remembering the way he was pushed against the cold door and pleased till the borders of all possible things. A door crackled and Jae moved out quickly he didn't want to meet Taeyong in the darkness of the locker room, so he walked down the corridor passing his ex trying to ignore all the butterflies. His head turned against his will and he caught the stare of this dark eyes that twisted all his insides, but Jae kept walking. He was glad to reach the front door and the fresh night air, he was so torn. He was with Sicheng he had been over Taeyong for ages, why was everything in him playing fool, why was he the most alive since months.

Someone moved past him on the alley and Jae needed a second to realize this small person was Taeil, the boy was running and Jae shouted his name. Taeil stopped and turned around.

Thank you so much for all your support and love

How do you like the chapter? How do you like Jaeyong's first meeting after their breakup? Where is Taeil going? What will happen next?

Much <3