66. Late night guest

The summer started so suddenly everyone was shocked but Sicheng got news from an organizer in London, who wanted Mark's concert in a theatre hall, so he and Jae called the man and discussed everything. They made posters and promotion and kept their fingers crossed for the tickets sale, it would be Mark's first concert and they hoped it will sell.

With no school work to do Jae's days became longer and more boring so he hid in the studio. One day he was in a very nostalgic mood when he took a coffee and some sweets then closed the studio door behind him. He decided to work on his song, even if the lyrics sucked as Mark had called it. Jae sat on the chair and prepared the mixer when he noticed a small letter addressed 'To Jae' on the table. He opened it to discover liens, the song was printed out so the handwriting couldn't give the writer out, a smaller card fell out off it and Jae shivered when he read it.

'"You were alwyas afraid to show all your flaws

expose the real you, the one I love, from the beginning to the end, from toes till hair strings

from the letter you can't pronounce to the words you're scared to say or even sing."

P.S. use this advice wise'

The quote was from 'King Jae' Taeyong's new single that to Jae's horror became a hit, and he needed to listen to Johnny, Yuta and Hansol chanting a very ugly lyrics, to 'Clown Jae' on the university corridors before the end of the year.

But Jae guessed some things will never change including Yuta.

He placed the small paper on the table and opened the big one, it was a song, and he guessed Mark did what he wasn't able to ask for and wrote a hit for him.

'Vefy good,

thats's how I feel tonight

You will see me as I am

But it's fight, so fight...'

Jae smiled to himself, the r-words were placed in the song into such a subtle way that he knew it might make it unique instead of becoming a joke, the notes were attached on the next paper and he smiled to himself before he decided to call Donghyuck who could play the piano part for the song.

The next days Jae recorded the song, he was scared but he released a teaser of the audio, hoping people won't hate and diss him too much.

Three days later Sicheng was busy preparing Mark's show for London and Jae had a free evening he spent in his room, trying to get his thoughts back together.

He had a good book and tried to read, relax completely when his phone vibrated and Jae was stunned to answer a video conversation from his father.

"Hi, you really have to see this," Jae's father was pale, he was whispering while he turned the camera and Jae's heart hammered when he saw the living room he grew up in but will never be allowed to come in again. Someone was at the door talking to his mother, and Jae wanted everything but to see her, he decided to turn this terrible conversation off when he heard Taeyong's voice.

"Please Mrs., you have to listen to what I have to say!"

Jae nearly dropped the phone on his bed, what was Taeyong doing on his doormat what did he want from his mom.

"But you have ten minutes," Jae's mom opened the door wider walking to the kitchen and Taeyong didn't even bother to take his shoes off when he followed her. Jae's father pressed into the basement door and moved out when both disappeared in the kitchen then he sneaked closer, and Jae felt all his hair raising when he saw the kitchen, the place where he had talked with his mom when she had kicked him out. She was sitting in the same manner facing the window as if Taeyong wasn't a person and Jae trembled.

"...want to tell you to rethink your decision. You're his mother don't you, don't you like him at all?" asked Taeyong.

Jae's mother stayed quiet and Jae shouted - yes she hates me - in his mind.

"It doesn't matter because I love him and I want to explain you something. Jae always liked boys, and I always liked girls till he appeared in my life," said Taeyong and Jae's mother turned around.

"What do you... What are you trying to say," she stuttered.

"Jae was the first male I felt attracted to in the romantic way," said Taeyong and she shivered.

"So you're trying to say that my son made you gay," she said through clenched teeth.

"No, I just fell for a person, a wonderful person. You should go a tiny bit further than labels, because of it you just don't realize how he is. You just see a boy who's gay can't pronounce 'r', is a total loser," said Taeyong.

"Stop!" she shouted. "Why are you talking about him like this!"

"Because it's what he thinks you feel about him," Taeyong looked at her and she went paler.

"You don't understand," she said and sobbed.

"I do, you're afraid, totally afraid to accept that your son is a different human being with his own uniqueness, ideas and desires," added Taeyong. "He's not who you want him to be, and never will be, you either accept him the way he is or leave it, it's nonsense."

Jae's mother started to wash her face off with her hands.

"You don't get, he, he was like this, damaged!" she said, Jae wanted to turn the call off again, what was Taeyong doing there, waisting his time. "You can't imagine how I felt when I found out, when I did everything but he still couldn't talk normally. And I realized he will never... never be a singer," she sobbed so loud.

Thank you for your support, I hope you like the chapter

What do you think about Taeyong coming to talk to Jae's mother?

Much <3