Prologue: Luck Leads to Despair (Malachi)

Today's an amazing day for me! I'm finally about to enter Hope's Peak Academy!

Even if I'm directly infront of the doors now, looking up at the school, wearing a normal, red hoodie, unzipped to show my white tee with a cool red design on it. I also wear regular jeans and just some gray tennis shoes. There's also my plain, red hair and blue eyes. Nothing really makes me unique. My talent isn't all that special, either. I'm just Malachi Matsuda, the Ultimate Lucky Student. I'm even lucky enough to have got into a class with my only relative! He even decided to take the first steps in with me.

I looked over to him. "You ready to go in?" I asked him, smiling.

"I definately am." He nodded, smiling back. This boy, clothed in a white shirt and regular jeans as well, having brown hair that's spikes up in the middle, and well as green eyes. He got in my class as the Ultimate Card Player. His name is Nate Konda, and he is my cousin. Being together in the class, we decided to enter together.

"Let's go, then!" I laughed and went to the doors. Nate followed me, and we slowly pushed open the doors.

I took a step in.

And slowly, everything started to fade to black.

The next thing I know, I was looking up at the sky... The red sky... Wait, what?!

I sat up immediately and looked around me. There were only buildings, along empty streets. I was in the middle of a street.

I had so many questions, though... Why was the sky red? Where am I? Why am I not at Hope's Peak?

"Hey, you're awake." Somebody said in a strange, quiet voice.

I jumped to my feet and looked around. "Wh-Who's there?!" I yelled.

"Calm down." Somebody tapped the back of my shoulder and I panicked and fell over and turned around to see a guy with hair that looked like cotton candy, being pink and fluffy, wearing a huge, red and plad coat, a white shirt, green pants, and gray shoes. His skin was overly pale and he had brown eyes.

"Who are you?" I asked, standing up.

"...Before that, a question." He said. "Are you from Hope's Peak, too?"

I nodded. "Yes, I am."

He nodded back. "I'm Ren Fuijiwara. I have the talent of Ultimate Cosplayer. I can cosplay as anyone, even people of the opposite gender." He smiled.

"Oh, uh..." I put my hand to the back of my head. "I'm Malachi Matsuda, the Ultimate Lucky Student." I said.

"Lucky...? ...Okay." Ren said.

"So, uh, Ren... where are we?" I asked.

"When looking around... It looks like we have a small area of a city, named Saki City, it seems. The other parts of the city are blocked off." Ren said. "I also found other people. You were the last to wake up."

"Wait, there's other people?" I asked.

"Yeah. Would you like to meet them? Everyone else has already met, I'm pretty sure." Ren said.

"Yes, I want to meet them." I responded.

Ren smiled. "Very well. Follow me, I'll introduce you to everyone else. They are scattered across the area, so it may take a while." He said, starting to walk.

"That's fine with me." I said, following him.

The first place Ren brought me was a large hotel. "This hotel has enough rooms for everyone." He said. "Some people might be here." He looked around and went into a room. I followed him into what looked like a lounge.