Hardin's POV.

I look at the panicked man in front of me, his green eyes on fire, and his frantic fingers are running over his hair. It takes me a moment to realize that my hands are doing the exact same thing.

I drop my hands quickly and look back to the table. Robin's eyes are cast down and Max has dragged his whore out of the place, leaving the scene before the bomb she dropped explodes.

This makes no sense to me. What she said isn't possible.

"This isn't how I wanted you to find out," Vance says.

"I-" I begin to speak. "You're saying-" my mind is moving too quickly for my mouth. "You're saying that she's right? That you are.."

"Yes," he says, cutting in. "That's what I'm saying. I wanted to sit you down and tell you before something like this happened. It's all been spiraling lately," he says in frustration.

The sound of snapping wood sounds throughout the bar.

"Hardin, stop!" Vance's voice echoes through the space. Another snap, followed by the sound of breaking glass.

Several screams are heard through the bar, breaking me out of my trance. I look down at my hands and find the splintered end of an expensive wooden chair leg. I drop it quickly as if it burned my skin.

"Get him out of here before they call the police!" Robin says, his voice louder than I've ever heard it before.

"Get the fuck off of me!" I shrug away from Vance's arms as he tries to wrap them around me in an attempt to expel me from the bar.

"Do you want to go to jail?" He shouts, only inches from my face. I want to tackle him to the ground and wrap my hands around his neck.

I look around the expensive bar, noting the shattered tumblers on the floor, the broken chair, the horrified expressions of the luxurious patrons. They must be pissed that I disrupted their overpriced pursuit of happiness.

"Get in my car and I'll explain everything to you," Christian is by my side again as I storm out of Gabriel's before the police arrive.

"You can't be my father, it's not possible." I approach his rental car, pulling the handle open the moment the doors are unlocked.

I don't know how to feel or what to say. Despite the confession, I can't wrap my mind around this. It makes no sense.

"It doesn't make  a bit of sense, none of it." I sit in the passenger seat of his rental car. Did he rent a separate car for Kimberly or is Tessa stranded at that damn park? "Kimberly has a car right?" I ask, temporarily changing the subject. Christian looks over at me with an incredulous look.

"Yes of course she does," the low purr of the expensive rental heightens as he zips through traffic. "I'm sorry that you found out this way. Everything was coming together for a while but then it started to slip," he sighs. I stay silent, knowing I will lose my shit if I open my mouth.

"I'm going to explain it to you but you have to keep an open mind, okay?"

"Don't fucking talk to me like a god damned child," I hiss.

 He sighs, "you know that I grew up with your dad- Ken, we were mates since I can remember."

"Actually I didn't know that, I don't know shit about anything apparently," I stare out the window.

"Well it's true, we grew up almost as brothers,"

"Then you fucked his wife?" I interrupt his bedtime story.