“It’s not that” I said into my hands, taking them away from my face I locked eyes with him, “I have a boyfriend at New York and I don’t feel the way you feel about me, if I did I’m sure I would have noticed it before and mentioned something. I’m sorry but I’m not the one for you Leo” My voice seemed to lower down after each word I was saying. His eyes clouded up as he looked away from me. “Please don’t be mad” I told him, he looked at me and flashed me a fake smile.

“It’s ok, you told me the truth and your boyfriend is lucky to have you in his life” He told me before giving me one of his real smiles. I managed to give a weak one back and touched his arm gently bringing it back to my lap.

“Friends?” I asked. He looked into both my eyes and nodded his head.

“Friends” He replied back.

**********

“April.......April wake up” I don't know how long that voice was saying that, but I knew it took me a pretty long time to figure it out, opening my eyes I looked around and saw that I was in a plane. A plane? What am I doing here? “It took me ten minutes to wake you up” I heard an amused voice saying, looking at the direction of the voice I saw that Leo was smiling at me gently. Sitting up, my back felt sore as I looked around to see that people were walking towards the doors.

“Is it time to go?” I asked him, my voice came out husky and low. Taking the belt of me I stood up slowly as whenever I wake up I feel dizzy and normally get black outs.

“Yeah, come on we have to go get our luggage as well” He told me, he moved away from me and stood at the side waiting for me to go ahead of him. Walking away from my own seat I started to follow the direction of the crowd that was in front of me, where else am I supposed to go anyway?

Suddenly, goose pumps rose on my skin as a strong wind was hitting me in the face, ah there’s the exit. Looking down I made sure that I took the steps carefully in case I didn’t fall over in the middle or on top of everyone who was in front of me.

“Be careful” I heard Leo say from behind me as I was technically leaning into his body, this just reminds me of the confession he decided to tell me. Taking in his advice I made it to the bottom as he came two seconds after as we made our way to the entrance. These are the doors that I left from and now I’m coming back, I’m coming home.

“Ever since we start on Wednesday how about you give me a tour around everyone, obviously if you don’t mind” Leo said looking at my face for a reaction.

“Of course I would love to give you a tour and listen again I’m so sorry for what happened before the last thing I wanted to do was hurt your feelings especially after everything you’ve done for me” I said looking straight and not at his face.

“It’s ok April. I’ve leant over a few years that you can’t always expect the person you like to like you back. I completely understand and by the way if not lovers then friends right” I heard him say, this time I looked at him and gave an encouraging smile.

“Yeah….yeah I know” He reminds me of Cameron, the way he speaks and the way he acts all of it. “Can I tell you something?” I asked him. He nodded his head in reply

“You remind me one of my ex-boyfriend now one of my best friends” I told him, he raised his eyebrows but laughed as well.

“That’s a bit weird but in a good way” He replied to me, I gave him a smile as we went to the luggage section and tried to spot out our suitcases. We grabbed them swiftly and began making our way to the exit. Cold air hit my face with a strong force as I realized that I really missed the cold weather of New York in a good way, yet bad because I’ve the thinnest shirt on right now. I felt Leo shaking from beside me as well.

“Sorry I forgot to mention the weather conditions” I told him truthfully while still looking straight hopefully to spot out a taxi

“It’s ok, when you’re in a rush you forget the smallest of things” He told me. I nodded my head as my teeth started to clatter together.

“Alright let’s try to get a taxi from here” He told me. Taking a few steps forward we both took a few steps further. I still can’t believe I’m here. Everyday I used to dream about coming back to Bryan, Cameron, Fiona, Selena and all of them. I’ve missed everyone it’s like they took half of my heart with them which is why I struggled so much for these four years so much. I even went into depression for a whole year and realized that if I just sit down and cry all day then it won’t help me at all and that is how me and Daila became the best of friends. She helped me through the process which made me realize if I let go of people then I can hold onto some new ones.

“April come on there’s a taxi let’s go” Leo’s voice said making me break out of my thoughts. Snapping back to reality I looked at the direction Leo was looking at and grabbed hold of the suitcase handle carrying it with me over to the vacant taxi. Leo opened the door for me like a gentleman would; giving a polite smile I got in moving up so he could sit next to me. I put the suitcase on the seat that was next to me and got hold of Leo’s putting it on top of mines.

“Where to?” The guy at the front seat said looking through the review mirror. Looking at Leo I waited for his response as I did not know where we were even going to stay at in the first place.

“Fellow Roads” Leo replied. Wait…Fellows Road? That’s the road of my house. I looked at Leo as he looked calm as ever.

“Leo?” I asked him. He looked at me with a blank expression.

“Yeah?” He replied.

“You do know that Fellows Road is the house I live on right?” I asked him. He nodded his head and looked back straight. Ok right now I am really confused, what in the world is even going on?

“Ok then what are we doing going there?” I asked him still confused.

“Well your parents gave me the key to the house and said we can stay there and they said not to tell you until we get there as they wanted it to be a surprise” He said. Looking back straight I looked as we whizzed past cars and people walking on the side paths. I’m going back to my house. My house. The place I left….I’m going back to it.

“You happy?” I heard him ask from beside me. Pushing him slightly with my shoulder a smile reached upon my lips.

“Of course I’m happy. I’m going back to the house that I grew up in….the house I thought I’d never go back to or see ever again” I told him.

“Well I’m glad you’re happy. You deserve to be after everything you’ve left behind from before you get to see it again” He told me. I nodded my head excitedly like a little child who just got one-hundred bars of chocolate.

“I can’t wait”

Two Against One (EDITING)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें