CHAPTER NINE; MAYBE HE ISN'T THAT BAD?

Lexi’s pov.

I don’t know why I just said that, getting married under the moon sounds amazing. I guess I just hate the idea of being in an arranged marriage; I wanted to choose the person I spend forever with not be forced to spend it with some arrogant jerk. He knows he is good looking and he likes it.

I could see Henry sitting inside the car we used to get to the restaurant. I ran over to the car and opened the door,

“Hey Henry.” I smiled as I sat beside in the front of the car, I don’t normally sit here.

“You’re back early Alexis, what’s wrong?” he turned to face me,

“Nothing is wrong; I just didn’t want to talk about the stupid wedding that I don’t even want…” I looked up to see Henry staring at me, “Okay, well maybe there is something wrong. I just don’t want to marry him, I don’t even know him.”

Henry nodded his head, “I understand Alexis I really do, but maybe you should just hear them out. Ask them why, there must be a really good reason.”

“I already know the reason Henry, and I agree it is a good one but it doesn’t make this whole thing any easier.” I looked down at my hands on my lap, “I just get a bad vibe from him, and I don’t want to get hurt.” I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes, I didn’t want to cry; not over him.

“Now Alexis…” before he could finish the back seat door flung open and my mum stuck her hear in,

“Oh… There you are Alexis,” she pulled her head out of the car, “Daniel, she is in here, we can go now.” My mum and dad got in the car, Henry looked ashamed and worried. Was I not supposed to be talking to him? He was the only person I feel comfortable with here, I love my mum and dad but they just wouldn’t understand.

I looked over at Henry, trying to show him how sorry I was with my eyes, he just nodded his head.

“Alexis, can we talk for a moment please?” I looked at Jarred, he had opened the door, and I didn’t even hear him. I looked up into his eyes, he looked hurt. I nodded my head and got out of the car, closing the door behind me I turned to look at Jarred.

“I don’t know what I said in the restaurant to upset you like that, we don’t have to get married under the moon, and we can get married in a dust bin for all I care. Alexis, please, just let me in.”

“Why do you want to get married to me so badly? You don’t know me!” I didn’t mean to sound horrible I just wanted to know why this man wanted to marry me so bad, before this weekend I never even knew he existed.

“I want to marry you because I love y…”

“Don’t say that, you don’t know me. You may have saved me or whatever it was you did. But you don’t know me Jarred, the same as I don’t know you.”

I didn’t even wait to hear what he had to say next, I opened the car door and sat down.

“Let’s just go, I want to see my friends.”

Henry started the car and the journey back to the house was silent; you could hear a pin drop in India.

“Right, I better be off. It was nice to officially meet you Alexis; I hope we can see each other again soon.” Jarred smiled at me and got out of the car, and walked off down the road.

“Yeah, I hope not.” I couldn’t help but mutter under my breathe, not quiet enough apparently,

“Alexis, don’t be so mean! Jarred is lovely, I wish you would just give him a chance, what did he ever do to you?”