CHAPTER 26 -Zoldyck Family-

Gon POV

Gazing at the lights twinkling down below couldn't help me ease my mind at all. After all that happened, I just couldn't stop thinking about Killua. Even though right now, I'm boarding the airship straight to his place, my mind just couldn't sit still.

Resting my chin on my palm, I recalled the memories I shared with Killua.

.

"I'm from a family of assassins. So they're all assassins. And the family has really high hopes for me... But I can't stand it. Who wants to have their life planned out for them?"

.

I remembered clearly the way he said those words with a hint of bitterness and loneliness in his voice.

I just can't believe that he had left without so much as a word. Rin must've been worried. After all, he might have left because he was worried his brother might kill her.

An image of a bloodied Killua flashed in my mind.

"Killua..." The words left out of my mouth without me noticing.

Just then, something popped in my mouth, I was startled by the sudden action

It tasted salty in my mouth and crispy as well.

What is this? Taste like French fries. But when did it...?

I turned my head and saw Rin, Leorio, and Kurapika standing with food in their hands. Rin was sitting beside me with French fries and burgers in her arms.

That is 'a lot' of food in her arms, did she intend to finish it herself? Wow, this girl sure amazes me.

"Hey, what's with the long face, Gon? It really doesn't suit you." She giggled at her own comment.

I stared at her for a while. She was smiling, and I know it is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Her smile shined like the stars in the sky, with no bright city lights to dim them. It was like the sun opened its eager light to shine around her, only brightening her perfectly aligned teeth.

She had that kind of smile that could make you feel happy to be alive. I guess my uneasiness had just been cured by that smile of hers. I smiled back in return.

"We'll be in the Republic of Padokea by morning," Kurapika informed.

"You'll see Killua soon enough," Leorio stood beside Kurapika.

"You hear that? We get to see Killua again!" Rin exclaimed cheerfully.

"Yep!" I nodded happily while munching the French fries Rin popped in my mouth and it was delicious!

When I finally finished it, crumbs of the French fries was stuck on my left cheek. Seeing this, Rin giggled.

"Oh man, you're a messy eater, Gon." She said as her hand reached my left cheek and wiping off the crumbs.