CHAPTER 33 -Heavens Arena-

Rin POV

Standing in the ring with a massive amount of audience watching me feels nice. Sometimes I feel as if fighting like this was what I was made of. Maybe it's in the blood. Saiyan is a warrior race who loves to fight after all. At least that's what I've heard.

Now that I am standing here in the ring, I can't help but feel excited about this match. What's more, my opponent seemed to be pretty decent even though his face was hidden behind the fox mask he's wearing. It's pretty weird.

Why would he cover his face with a mask? With that mask on, it's pretty hard for me to predict his strength. Still, what's really bothering me is that I couldn't get rid of this familiar feeling emitted from him. Just who is this guy anyway?

On the other hand, I don't feel like paying attention to the announcer who kept on blabbering on the mic. My attention on the ring right now is directed towards my opponent. I can't afford to let my guard down, after all, I can't predict his ability... Yet.

"This match will consist of three, three minutes each, decided by the points and knockout system! Begin!"

Just as the referee announced the fight had begun, I took on my fighting stance and eyed the man cautiously. The man let out a soft chuckle before getting on his own fighting stance.

"...!"

But what surprised me, is that he also stood in the exact fighting stance as me.

"Ooo... What's this? It seems like the two of them are martial artists!" The announcer exclaimed.

Well, what do you know? He's also a Kamesenryu martial artist huh? That makes it more interesting.

I smirked.

I couldn't care less about the mask on his face, all I want right now is to show him all I've got. Since he's also a martial artist, it's rude if I defeat him with only one punch.

Sorry Killua, but I'm not gonna stick with that one punch until I've reached the 200th-floor plan of yours. I'm gonna give it my all.

Without wasting any time, I lunged towards him in full speed, striking him countless times but what made me surprised is that he was able to dodge my every attack with ease. Not only that, this scene felt familiar... Awfully familiar.

Even so, I can't hesitate now, I need to be faster!

One arm struck to the left and he shoved my hand aside.

But that's not gonna end it as I made a jumping spinning ax kick and was able to shove him backward.

My lips formed a curved upwards but I know too well it's too early to cheer for victory. What's more, the words that left his mouth made me frozen in shocked.

"You've grown quite stronger, Ringo-chan." The man said as he stretched his arms that he used to block my last attack.

"...!" My eyes grew wider as I heard what he said.

Did he just call me by my real name? How did he know? I never told anyone, unless...

My eyes trailed at the man in front of me until they perked in realization.

'He has to be-!'

Trying to test my theory, I lunged towards him even though I know he was ready for my attacks.

But my attacks are not very predictable as I appeared behind him from bellow and made a jumping downward elbow strike.

Even though his expressions might be covered by the mask, I know he was shocked. That attack was to smash the fox mask he's wearing in pieces and luckily, it did. He was also pushed back and landed on his back on the floor.