CHAPTER 59 -Phantom Troupe-

Third person POV

He remembered that night when the stars filled the sky like pale corn into the freshly turned ground. It was the promise of life in the darkness, a sense of warmth springing from the cold.

The words of the man he looked up to play in his mind as his eyes wandered off to the vast night sky.

"Knowing others is intelligence. Knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength but mastering yourself is true power."

Will he be able to achieve true power...?

He once wondered.

*************************

"Gasped...!"

A loud gasp escaped her lips as her eyes shot open. Rin jolted up from the ground and started breathing heavily.

"W-what just happen?"

She began to examine her surroundings when she realized that something was amiss.

"What the..." Rin stared at her palm and continue to look into her sore stomach and found that it was bandaged rather perfectly.

"Who would--"

"I see that you're awake."

"...?!"

Rin jerked her head aside to find a black-haired man sitting casually with his right arm resting on his right knee. He had his face facing to his right making it hard for the girl to identified his identity.

But what she could tell was that he appeared to be in his mid-twenties. A couple strands of his black hair covering his forehead giving out a look that he might've had a rough time earlier. Which reminds her...

Rin looked around and found herself underneath a shady tree. From what she could tell, she's still in the same vicinity from when she was ambushed but it might've been quite a distance from where she was before.

'This man...' She turned to look at the mysterious man.

'He must've brought me here. Is he the one who saved me from the androids? Just who is this guy?'

Hundreds of question running through her head as her eyes never left the mysterious man.

Noticing her constant stare, the man turned his head to face the confused girl with a calm expression.

That is when her eyes widened.

"...!"

Rin jolted up from the ground as quickly as she could but the man caught a hold of her hand and pulled her back down with a low thud.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." He calmly said as his cold grey eyes gaze into her flaming black eyes.

"Why should I even listen to you?!" Rin lashed out as she stood on the ground back again.

She couldn't believe her eyes. To think that the man who saved her was the one who killed her parents.

Her knuckles turned white from clenching her fist too hard, and her face was red with suppressed rage.

'This man... This man is the one who killed my parents.'

Rin's hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid - burning, slicing, potent. All she wanted to do at this moment is to crush the guy in front of her with a Kamehameha wave.