CHAPTER 91- Chimera Ant-

Third-person POV

Amidst the velvety shroud of the nocturnal forest, Gon stood silently.

The shadows danced among the trunks, weaving intricate patterns that seemed to mirror the thoughts flickering within his gaze. There was an intensity to his silent contemplation. Just then, another presence came.

"Oi, Gon! Have you seen Rin?" Killua approached Gon who was still standing in a daze.

"She... ran off..." Gon muttered.

"Huh? What just happened?"

Gon's lips, usually a conduit for laughter and conversation, were now parted ever so slightly, suspended in a state of wordlessness.

"Huh? Uh... It's nothing." Gon replied absentmindedly.

In a moment suspended between familiarity and intrigue, Killua's gaze fixated upon Gon with a keen and curious intensity. His brows, like twin arcs of contemplation, knit slightly, betraying the web of questions and musings that danced behind his eyes.

'How suspicious...'

"Come on, let's find Rin. We don't want her to have another heart attack. This forest is already dangerous enough as it is." Killua tapped Gon's shoulder before walking away.

"Yeah... Sure. Let's go." Gon replied before following suit.

"You're acting weird."

*********************

The air was thick with the scent of damp earth and the distant melody of rustling leaves. As Gon and Killua followed a narrow path, their eyes caught a glimpse of their female friend.

"Oi, Rin!" Killua called out. "There you are, we've been looking all over for you."

Nestled amidst a small clearing, stood Rin. However, her usually vibrant presence was now eclipsed by an aura of anxiety that hung around her like a shroud. She was frozen in place, her wide eyes fixed upon an indistinct point in the distance, her breath shallow and rapid.

"Stand back." Rin said.

"Huh?" The boys exchanged glances, their own expressions a mixture of concern and confusion.

"Rin, I--" Gon began.

"I SAID STAND BACK!--"

Rin's instincts screamed a warning, and she spun around to warn her friend just in time to catch a fleeting glimpse of movement. But it was too late. A figure materialized from the shadows with a blinding burst of speed crashing into her.

POWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Before Rin could react, the figure's attack struck with ferocious precision. The impact was brutal and swift, sending Rin sprawling across the forest floor. Pain lanced through her body as she collided with the earth, her breath stolen by the force of the assault.

CRASHHH.

"...?!?!"

"RIN!"

Gon's eyes widened in shock, his heart freezing in his chest as he witnessed the sight before him. Killua's own shock quickly transformed into a surge of electric determination. He moved to Rin's side, his hands crackling with energy. But the sight of the Chimera Ant's unrelenting presence gave him pause. The chimera ant's aura radiated power beyond comprehension, a force that seemed to challenge the very laws of nature.

 The chimera ant's aura radiated power beyond comprehension, a force that seemed to challenge the very laws of nature