CHAPTER 63 -Phantom Troupe-

Third person POV

-7 years ago-

"Where are you going? Are you going to leave me behind?"

It was early when the clouds gave of their rain to the grass and trees. The pitter patter of the rain creates a shield around the little girl. Her eyes were fixated on the black haired boy who had his back facing her.

Her lower lip quivered as words slowly made their way out of her mouth.

"D-did I do something wrong...?" As she blinked, the glassy layer of tears dripped from her eyelids and slid down her cheeks.

The sight of someone precious to him shed tears left a slight pang in his chest but he knew he needed to take this path... the path of no return, the path that he knew will condemn him to hell.

Turning back to his little sister, Chrollo crouched down so that his eyes were at the same level as hers.

"There's no way for my cute little sister to do something wrong." He caressed her wet hair with a genuine smile.

"Then, don't go. I don't want you to leave."

Watching her pleading eyes made his heartfelt heavier to leave and he knew to be a minute longer with her will only made him disregard his idea of leaving. But Chrollo was sure with the path he chose, he chose to leave and it is for the best.

His silver orbs gaze her glassy onyx ones as he placed his hand on her head and leaned his forehead against hers.

"Listen, Ringo... I will always be someone that will cherish you no matter what the circumstances are. So, never forget about me because I will never forget about you..."

**************

"It's been a while since we were all together last!" Gon cheered as he greeted Kurapika.

It was only the night before that Rin, Gon and Killua manage to escape from the Phantom Troupe's hideout and right now they have a small reunion with Kurapika and Leorio at the hotel they're staying temporarily.

"Yeah." Kurapika agreed. That was when he caught sight of Rin and turned his attention to the girl.

"Rin, I am glad that you're safe and sound. I was extremely worried to know that you were with the Spiders."

"Thanks for worrying but I'll be fine either way." Rin rubbed the back of her neck as she smiled sheepishly.

"What is your plan anyway, to be able to let yourself be involved with the Spiders nonetheless?" Kurapika asked but this time it was Killua who answered with his arms crossed.

"We needed money. Let's just say we won't be having any plans coming from Rin. I'll be in charge of any plans we make from now on." He eyed Rin while emphasizing his last sentence.

"Excuse me! I was a superhero for ten whole minutes!" Rin indicated that her action that had allowed them to get the 30 billion prize money.

"And in that time, you got kidnapped and we had to come to the rescue," Killua noted that obvious fact only to make a crossed popped vein appeared on her forehead.

"I didn't ask for your help now, did I?"

"If we didn't come to the rescue, who knows what they'll do to you."

"You wouldn't know that!"

"Wha--?!" Killua was left speechless but before he could say anything Leorio butted in.