CHAPTER 97 -Chimera Ant-

Third Person POV

The soft hum of the healing process echoed through the room, drowning out any other sounds. Gon's eyes narrowed and focused, seemed to cut through the air, fixated on Pitou as she worked meticulously to mend Komugi's injuries. The moment Pitou sensed that Komugi's wounds were fully healed, Gon's voice sliced through the tension like a blade.

"You're done, huh?"

"...!"

'Why did he say that? There's still time left... How did he know I finished the surgery? I made sure to hide my progress from him. Did he catch my slight relaxation in that instant?!' Anxiety clenched Pitou's chest.

"Get up," he commanded, his tone cutting through the air with an authority that made Pitou's heart race. "We're going to Peijing. It will be faster for us to run."

Pitou felt a wave of dread wash over her as she complied, trailing behind Gon as he strode purposefully through the chamber. However, before they could make their exit, a soft groan interrupted the tension. Komugi stirred. Confusion etched across her delicate features.

"Ugh...What happened to me?"

The atmosphere shifted as Komugi's presence introduced a momentary pause. Pitou, seizing the opportunity to ensure Komugi's safety, moved to intervene.

"... If it's possible, I'd like too--"

Gon's eyes, once cold, were now ablaze with a rage that sent shivers down Pitou's spine. The threat lingered in the air as Gon's voice cut through the room again, more menacing than before. The command was clear, and the underlying threat was unmistakable.

"The next time you try to delay me, I'll kill her."

The threat hung in the air like a heavy cloud

The threat hung in the air like a heavy cloud. Pitou, unnerved by the sudden change in Gon, hesitated. The room seemed to tighten around them, each breath thick with the impending danger that lingered.

"I understand. Let's go."

At this distance, Pitou was close enough to decapitate Gon with one arm. But Pitou couldn't move. After sensing how sharp Gon's intuition was, Pitou's instinct spoke.

'I can't make a move now... My chance will come. There'll be many chances on our way to Peijing. But I need to get Komugi to the King!'

As Pitou stood, torn between her concern for Komugi and the urgency of Gon's instructions, the chamber's heavy atmosphere was further disrupted by the entrance of two unexpected figures... Knuckle and Killua.

"Gon, want me to use Chapter 7 of Bankruptcy on Pitou? If there's an escape attempt, I can track her down." he offered, a genuine concern etched on his face. Killua, standing by his side, took a glance at Gon, silently acknowledging the severity of the situation.