CHAPTER 8 -Hunter Exam-

Third person POV

The 368 applicants who made it through the long underground tunnel found themselves in an unexplored land teeming with strange creatures, known as the Numere Wetlands-or in its other name, the Swindler Swamp.

In order to reach Phase Two of the exam, the remaining applicants must cross these wetlands by any means necessary.

"This place is home to many bizarre animals. Many of them being cunning, insatiable creatures who deceive humans and prey upon them. Be careful, if you let them fool you...you're dead."

With that last note, the exam resumed with the applicants running through the deadly forest. As they get deeper, the fog began to get thicker and thicker every minute until all that's left was sheer white.

Killua had sensed the strange heaviness in the air and his eyes narrowed.

"Hey, is it just me or is the atmosphere kind of tense here?" Rin finally broke the silence with a soft whisper.

"Guys, Let's move up," Killua said running at a faster pace.

"Okay, we don't want to lose sight of the examiner." Gon said.

"I'm more concerned with increasing the distance between us and Hisoka. Staying too close to him is dangerous. I can smell it in the air." Killua said.

"Smell?" Gon lifted his chin and sniffed the air. "Hmm... I don't think he smells."

"No, he didn't mean it like that." Rin sweat-dropped.

"Leorio! Kurapika! Killua says that we should move up!" Gon yelled.

"Hey, can't you feel the tension surrounding us?!" Killua hissed.

"Moron! If I had the strength, I'd already been there!" Leorio shouted back.

"Don't worry about us!" Kurapika yelled.

"Then, we'll see you later at the finishing line!" This time, it was Rin's turn to yell.

"Hey! Didn't you just hear what I said? There's tension in the air!" Killua pointed out but the later just shrug.

"What? It's not like saying that is gonna kill me."

"Ugh... you guys are hopeless." Killua sighed as he slapped his forehead. "Come on, let's get going."

Indeed, the three of them had moved faster to the front just as Killua recommended. A few minutes had passed and that's when it all began. Just then, a loud pitching scream could be heard and it's not only coming from one individual. A group of applicants at the back were screaming their hearts out leaving the rest in pure terror. If one had to say, they probably fell into one of the traps set by the creatures in the forest or they've been deceived by them.

"I hear people screaming all around us," Rin noted.

"Just stay on your guard," Killua said.

"I wonder if Leorio and Kurapika are okay..." Gon wondered. Concern was notable in his tone as he peered at the back.

But as the three of them continued running, the ground started to rumble followed by a weird noise.

"What kind of noise was that?" Gon asked.

"I sneezed." Rin bluntly said.

"That was NOT a sneeze." Just when Killua was about to say another word, the ground crumbled apart causing the three of them to fall.

" Just when Killua was about to say another word, the ground crumbled apart causing the three of them to fall