CHAPTER 43 -Heavens Arena-

Gon POV

"I wonder how's Rin doing today? I hope she's getting better." I was walking towards Rin's wardroom with Killua by my side.

Instead of saying anything Killua replied to me with only a 'Hn.'

His reply made me glance at him from the corner of my eyes and I just can't help but notice even with his usual bored face, I could still sense his concern and anxiousness underneath that cold exterior. I smiled to myself. He must've cared a lot for Rin too.

Just as we were a few meters away from Rin's room, a chaotic noise can be heard within one of the rooms along the hallway. And by the looks of it, it was coming from Rin's room!

Killua and I halted our footsteps abruptly. We turned our heads to each other with confusion clear on our face.

'What's that noise all about?'

Just then, an ear-splitting crash was heard followed by a massive cloud of dust, a hole in the wall and unexpectedly...an unconscious nurse stuck on a wall?!

"...!?"

Knowing this is not a childish matter, Killua and I dashed into the room to find ourselves in a scene we had not expected.

"...!" Our eyes widened.

There were five nurses holding Rin down. Restricting her movements. Treating her as if she's just some kind of a wild animal.

When you really look closely, the way Rin was struggling to break free with her bloodshot eyes that filled with fear and the agonizing scream that left her mouth. It indeed reminded me of a wild animal that was being caught.

But that is not the case. Rin is not a wild animal! She's just a girl with a tragic past, a girl who was traumatized, a girl who was broken inside. What's more, she's my precious friend!

"Hey, what are you guys doing?! Let her go!"

"Kids shouldn't get involve with this, clearly this is not the time to be visiting." One of the nurses said with gritted teeth.

I wouldn't be surprised with the way the nurse speak, it takes a lot to just hold her down even for me. Her strength is unbelievable.

"Let me go! Go away!" Rin began to push herself up. But the five male nurses used every ounce of strength they had to hold her down once again.

"JUST GO TO HELL!!!!!"

This time, she used her Nen to send the nurses back only to have a few reinforcements to come in the room, holding her down yet again.

After all the screaming and force, I've noticed that Rin's voice began to crack.

"Go away...please...don't hurt me." Tears were trailing down her face and at the moment I knew. She was not fighting with the nurses, rather...she was fighting with her own nightmare!

This time, I know I can't just idly stand by and just watch while she was fighting with her fear alone.

"Doctor, please let her go." I walked towards the doctor who was busy preparing an injection.

"I'm sorry, boy. But that is not an option. Can't you see how uncontrollable she is?" The doctor said without even looking at me.

"And holding her down as if she's some sort of wild animal is an option." Killua clenched his teeth. Even when he used to be the calm one. It seemed like this time, his patience is running low.

"Kids, you are not supposed to be here. Nurse, please guide these kids outside." The doctor instructed before flicking the needle in his hands.

"We're not leaving this place until you do so."