CHAPTER 84 -Chimera Ant-

Third person POV

"It's also possible that Ging hides it somewhere and does not carry it with him, and the Dragon radar cannot indicate the number of the Dragon Ball's star." Alan remarked.

There was complete silence between Gon, Rin, and Killua.

"It's a gamble we need to take." Killua said as he turned to face Gon before continuing. "What are your plans, Gon?"

"Actually, I'm fine with anything because Rin's goal is to collect all seven Dragon balls, and if collecting them all leads me to Ging, I couldn't be happier." He showed a grin. "After all, I can help Rin and search for Ging at the same time."

"It's like the universe planned to make our paths cross!" The expression on Gon's face lit up as he beamed a toothy grin in Rin's direction. The black-haired girl could only turn her flushed face away in embarrassment.

"Does that mean you're fine with any of the balls?" Killua asked.

"Yup."

Having said that, the three of them turned their attention to the screen in front of them.

"So, which one do you want?" Killua mused as he looked from one cluster of red dots to the next.

"Mm... what do you think about this spot?" Gon indicated one of the red dots with his finger. "It seemed to be closer." He added.

"NGL...?"

"Are you certain?"

"Yup."

"And how about you, Rin?" Killua shifted his focus to Rin.

"The closer we are, the faster we can gather the ball." She responded.

"Then, it settles." Alan was about to conclude when they were suddenly interrupted by a voice.

"Not so fast, kids."

***************

Standing at the door, was a muscular man with unruly lavender locks. While he stood there, a stark expression crossed his face. It was odd for him to have that look considering his cheerful demeanor.

"B-Boxer?"

"Dad, before you show something like this, don't you have any idea what's going on in the world?" The young man walked toward them, raking his lavender hair behind his head. "That area is off limits."

"Boxer, my unfortunate son, you're finally out of that hell pit! Come on over here and greet your little friends!" Alan made a sarcastic remark as if he were unconcerned about what his son had just said.

"It's been a long time, Boxer-san!" Gon greeted the young man with a bow.

"Hey, kiddo, you're as polite as ever, but I can't say the same for you..." Laughing, Boxer rubbed Gon's head before sticking out his tongue at Rin.

"He really pisses me off." A cross-popped vein appeared on Rin's forehead.

"You mentioned that location being off-limits; why is that?" After extending a greeting to him with a slight nod, Killua began to question him.

"Aren't you cutting to the chase?" Boxer laughed briefly before his upbeat demeanor soured. As he continued to stare at the red dot that they had been pointing to earlier, his eyebrows knitted together.

"It's the Chimera Ants." He explained. Boxer spoke with a deeper tone as if he meant business. They realized at that very instant that he was not joking around at all.

"Chimera..."

"... Ants?"

The three youngsters puzzled over his meaning until Boxer abruptly started to toggle between screens and start typing. Soon, a few visuals began to appear on the display.