CHAPTER 57 -Phantom Troupe-

Rin POV

"But before that..."

The group of people around me stop in their tracks and stared at the black haired man

The man known as 'Danchou' closed his eyes before rising from his seat and making his way towards me. The group of people around me cleared a path by standing aside allowing him to pass through.

With each step he took, I could sense his strong presences and I could instantly tell that he is someone you should not mess with. That thought only made the thumping of my heartbeat grew louder by the second.

It only took him one step closer to make me raised my head, tightening the Nen thread around my neck.

That is when I saw his eyes, his eyes, well for a lack of a better word, were grey. I was struck by their coldness, like a stab of ice. every detail in his iris was so clear, so concise.

For my lack of words, he was like a piece of art that nobody could understand, leaving everyone who stared confused, uncomprehending.

His eyes never left mine as if he was searching for some answer I don't even know. But what I could conclude was that his gaze was both of a wise professor and a bloodthirsty murderer: it called for respect and promised severe consequences for denying him.

With that, I knew I had no chance to escape.

While his eyes never left mine, he smirked - just a small pouting of the lips; a narrowing of the eyes and a tilting of the head. It was so subtle, that I don't even know why it made me even more infuriated than I ever was before.

But his next words made me feel like a bomb just exploded.

"Join us."

.

.

.

"H-huh?!"

What is up with these people asking me weird favors?!

"I want you to join the Phantom Troupe." He remarked.

"WHAT?!!!!"

The word he said struck me.

Did he just say... the Phantom Troupe?

My brain took its time to process what he just said but when it finally sunk in, my eyes grew larger and blood drained down from my face.

Wasn't the Phantom Troupe the group of bandit that caused the Kurta clan's massacre? The one that killed Kurapika's entire clan in one swoop?!

Oh shit.

I guess I really did dig a hole I can't climb out of.

My train of thoughts was interrupted by a roaring sound of laughter.