CHAPTER 80 - Greed Island-

Third-person POV

Bzzt... Bzzt... Bzzt...

Machi opened her phone as soon as she felt it vibrate in her pocket. As she pressed the device against her ear, she can hear the loud voice of her colleague... Panicking on the other side, perhaps.

"Ma—chi— Get—ut—- there! Yo— are— f*****—!!!"

"What...?" The pink-haired girl was bewildered by the call. As if it wasn't bad enough, she couldn't understand what he was saying because of the terrible signal.

"...!"

Suddenly, everyone in the vicinity felt the overwhelming energy. That was when Machi knew exactly what Phinks meant.

It was as if gravity intend to pull them into the earth burying them whole. The malice was able to render even the Troupe members frozen on the spot, not a single muscle could move as the cold sweat trailed down their foreheads.

Machi snapped her head towards Rin as soon as she heard a scream.

"Rin-chan!"

Laying on the ground, Rin's eyes were transfixed with horror. Her heavy eyelids were a bit too slow to blink, and her irises were a fraction too still. It was as if her brain had suffered a big short circuit and was unable to function properly.

There was an unfamiliar boy with his eyes covered just a few inches away from her face. Despite the blindfold, she had the impression that the boy was peering directly into her soul, scrutinizing every nook and cranny of her face. As if that weren't bad enough, the aura he emitted had the same effect as Noveno's Shadow Beast, forcing Rin's breathing to become constricted and shallow.

 As if that weren't bad enough, the aura he emitted had the same effect as Noveno's Shadow Beast, forcing Rin's breathing to become constricted and shallow

"W-Who are you...?" The muscles of her jaw tensed.

While his gaze remained fixed on the black-haired girl, the young man straightened his back. "It appears to be true... You really are a Saiyan."

While Bisky and the other Trope members were still immobile, Quarto seized Rin by the neck and lifted the unfortunate girl into the air.

"Argh—" Rin fought to breathe as she tried to pry his hands away from her.

"It's a shame that we weren't able to bring you along... The professor is already preoccupied with other matters. " The boy tilted his head.

Even so, he had other things in mind as the corner of his lips twirled up.  "But... We will return for you after everything has been settled."

"Just kill me, you damn bastard!" Rin spat in his face.

Quarto drew his face closer to Rin's. "If only you know... There are other things..." With his other hand, he removed the blindfold from his eyes, revealing stunning electric blue eyes. "...worse than death."

"