CHAPTER 39 -Heavens Arena-

Gon POV

A week had already passed since that day. I know I had done something pretty awful to Rin. Seeing the tears trailing down her porcelain face made me realized how deeply she cares for me and yet I betrayed her feelings for my own selfish desire.

Just thinking about that made my shoulders slumped.

The guilt was like ice in my gut and I knew for certain that I couldn't melt it on my own. That's why I'm trying my best to make amends to Rin.

But the problem was... I never saw her once since that day. It's like she's trying to avoid me.

I felt even more terrible.

She must've been hurt so bad that she doesn't even want to see me.

If that's the case, then she shouldn't be bothered by Killua. But both of them seemed to put their distance with each other.

For instance, whenever I asked Killua about Rin, he seemed to shrug my question off or said that he doesn't know and couldn't care less.

Killua's sure acting strange ever since his talk with Wing-san. I've noticed how his mood changed upside down when he returned back to my room that day. He had a frown on his face and he didn't even say a single word to me. I thought maybe Wing-san might have scolded him but Killua is not the type of person to sulk over something like that.

I let out a sigh.

'What happened to us?'

It seemed the distance between our friendship is slowly drifting apart.

********************

Rin POV

That idiot Casper.

He shouldn't say anything about how I felt towards Gon. Even if it's true, I am still not sure of my own feelings. But then, why am I avoiding him every time I saw him?!

I remembered the time where Gon called out to me but my feet instinctively moved on its own. By the time I realized what's going on, my back was against a wall away from him with my heart beating at a rapid speed.

'Argh! I didn't know this realization will hit me this bad!' I scratched my black hair furiously.

Still, what am I avoiding him for? It's already been a week. Was it because I felt guilty for lashing at him last week? Or was it because I'm trying to deny my feelings for him.

I halted my footsteps.

Sure, I like him but that can also be the same with Killua.

That's when I felt something.

"...!"

My eyes widened as I recognize this presence.

My eyes trailed in front of me and I could clearly see him among those crowds.

I guessed he must've realized my presence because he stopped walking and had his eyes on me in slight shocked.

'Killua...'

Just the thought of his name made my heart ache. I still couldn't forget what he said to me that day. And the fact that he made me looked like the one at fault made me felt even worse.

It's funny, how our useless arguments turned out to be an extreme one this time.

I guessed both of us were prideful enough to even apologized to each other.

Without any word, we passed each other silently without even a glance.

But after a couple of steps forward, I could tell that he stopped walking and glanced at me over his shoulder.